2.0TFSI Tuning Box

epics

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any experience/thoughts about petrol tuning boxes?

There seem to be a few around now that connect to more than just the boost pressure sensor. I've read the boost pressure sensor only boxes aren't particularly good for your engine, is this a factor with the newer ones which also connect to camshaft sensor and turbo control valve?

Any idea what sort of gains to expect on a 2012 2.0TFSI? There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of information out there about these boxes. The 2 in particular I had come across where the DTUK CRD-P and the DTE FSR system.

Do you think petrol tuning boxes will gain in popularity with the advent of tuning protection on the new tri-core processors and the need to remove ECU to remap?

It would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts and any further info from DTUK would be great!

Thanks

id just get a map

As said, get a map. Mine is mapped, transformed the car. On a 2012 car though the ecu may be secure but not sure...

Tuning boxes do not correctly adjust all parameters that are required to be changed.

Once one or two parameters are changed there are others that are required to be changed to work ii conjunction.

I have not seen a good tuning box yet!!

Reactions: Lund
On a petrol turbo, no way!

Diesels can just about get away with them in some cases, even then not great, due to the fact that throwing in extra diesel does make power. A petrol car has so much more going on in terms of controlling the extremely volatile charge. You won't regret a remap.

Rick

Hi,

Anyone have any experience/thoughts about petrol tuning boxes?

There seem to be a few around now that connect to more than just the boost pressure sensor. I've read the boost pressure sensor only boxes aren't particularly good for your engine, is this a factor with the newer ones which also connect to camshaft sensor and turbo control valve?

Any idea what sort of gains to expect on a 2012 2.0TFSI? There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of information out there about these boxes. The 2 in particular I had come across where the DTUK CRD-P and the DTE FSR system.

Do you think petrol tuning boxes will gain in popularity with the advent of tuning protection on the new tri-core processors and the need to remove ECU to remap?

It would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts and any further info from DTUK would be great!

Thanks

Our crdp is actually a DTE for system ;)

Weve used the fsr system on quite a few vauxhall 1.6 turbos, and have a system in stock for our s3 and one for my rs3.

If I'm honest, I'm sceptical of them but with the way the ecus are being locked out, them it maybe the only way to tune a car in the future.

You maybe right but i am sure the ones who are putting the ecu locks on the software are the ones selling the ways to get round it to the tuners,i wasnt stuck on the idea of tuning boxes on the diesels and even less on a petrol,how are your tuning boxes different to the cheap resistor styled ones? and how do you test that the cars are safe once fitted ?
these are serious questions by the way i am interested and not trying to start an argument as i thought tuning boxes had died a death apart from with the i'll spend £30 on e-bay and expect an extra 80-100bhp brigade

Remap is clearly the preferable choice, just wondered what opinions where on the newer more sophisticated tuning boxes. Interesting to hear the scepticism from DTUK.

Shark remap is the way I was leaning. Still not sure whether my 2012 2.0T will have the tricore protected ECU or not. Seem to be quite a few different ecus used depending on engine code (CCZA according to my service book).

Anyone successfully mapped an EA888 2.0T A3 via the OBD port, without ecu removal?

Remap is clearly the preferable choice, just wondered what opinions where on the newer more sophisticated tuning boxes. Interesting to hear the scepticism from DTUK.

Shark remap is the way I was leaning. Still not sure whether my 2012 2.0T will have the tricore protected ECU or not. Seem to be quite a few different ecus used depending on engine code (CCZA according to my service book).

Anyone successfully mapped an EA888 2.0T A3 via the OBD port, without ecu removal?

Weve just remapped our 2012 S3 wih Shaks STS via the obd.