steering angle sensor

JK

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum so be patient, im hoping someone out there can help get my car fixed ! esp and abs lights wont reset.

a3 3.2Q dsg 31k miles 04

I bought car as part repaired cat D ( the guy said it only needed 4 wheel alignment, what was I thinking ) front damage driven over curb hard, any way I ended up supplying the accident repair garage with a 2010 subframe, arms and steering rack as it seemed like option that would solve a lot of unknown problems and was less labour than changing one bit at a time. The 2010 rack needed a wiring pack from Audi to fit and they also replaced some wiring to the ns abs with Audi parts, unfortunately their diagnostics guy has spent hours and 5 visits to try and reset dash lights and is getting nowhere. He thinks the new rack has steering angle sensor built in and needs to disable one in steering column (something I read on the forum and told garage) but his equipment will not let him. Don't know what system he is using. The car has 2011 wheels on as others must have been damaged and not original steering wheel.

The car drives OK with power steering working but lights wont reset. Have tried Ross techs ESP Steering Angle Sensor Calibration procedure and the 4 wheel geometry has been done spot on.

The car has been in garage since November and I have not had chance to use it yet, please help !!

Fault codes are
2546 steering limit stop
778 steering angle sensor

I could have a crack at it as I think I know how to get it sorted out.

PM me & we can arrange a visit.

I had a steering angle sensor issue. I had it reset twice and it came back, the dash flashed up with ESP fault - see manual and the traction control light came on the left hand side and a yellow steering wheel on the right hand side and the power steering went really heavy. Had it done at audi, been fine ever since

thanks for help, mine is to do with damage or incompatible parts issue, will try Audi as last resort. Steering is assisted and light with mine and abs works just the lights on and fault codes. Someone clever with vagcom could fix it easy im hoping ? any one want a go? otherwise i will buy a lead and DIY !!

Sorry fella was on route to Italy as birthday tomorrow, I'll catch up on my PM's today :)