audi a3 8p 2.0 tdi 3 door rear hub removal, abs fault??

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

had my MOT today and failed because the abs and traction control light was on, something i have been putting off for ages now, i fitted a new rear abs sensor as vagcom threw up the rear sensor error, i had such a struggle getting the old one out that when i was trying to remove it with a screwdriver i think i damaged the ring on the other side that i think is attached to the bearing, is this right? Anyway i need to remove the hub and fit a new one apparently because the abs ring is attached to the hub/bearing. I have managed to get the bolt undone for the bearing but i just wanted to know what kind of bolt is used to hold the carrier on and what size? is it a spline? I also need to remove both rear pads and free them up as it failed on the rear callipers binding also. Is there a how to guide on how to remove the rear hubs/calliper, bearing etc?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Hi mate, regarding you abs and traction control light, did you get every now and then a red light flashing too?? As I'm having this problem?
Cheers manni

Get it scanned with VCDS mate.

Hi Manni, i never had the flashing light, i have vcds and have scanned it, says rear right sensor inplausable signal, i have managed to take the hub off and the back of the hub is badly corroded. Im pretty sure thats what the problem is.