A3 1.6 Wheel choices

lukerevhen

Luke Henderson
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just bought a 2007(57) a3 1.6 - I want to buy some new wheels for the car and particularly like the BBS speedline rims - or the rs4 style ones. My question is am I best buying 17's or 18's. I would prefer 18's however would I need to lower the car to avoid it looking like a monster truck?/Rub? And what tyre profile should I go for?

I am completely clueless!

Thanks, Luke.

17s look too small on the A3, 18s look ok without lowering the car.

Use a 40 profile tyre, standard 18" tyre size is 225/40/18

Speedlines are a lovely wheel, not that I'm biased or anything:beerchug:

Ok great mate. Do I need any spacers or anything? The wheels im looking at are 18X8
ET 45
PCD 5X112

Thanks, Luke.

Ok great mate. Do I need any spacers or anything? The wheels im looking at are 18X8
ET 45
PCD 5X112

Thanks, Luke.
nope they will be spot on fella , I've got the same set up on mine right now (but with different wheels) and mine is lowered and i don't get rubbing or do very very rarely

spot on fran - i think i will end up going down the lowering route, again what are my options? im a bit clueless when it comes to modding!

spot on fran - i think i will end up going down the lowering route, again what are my options? im a bit clueless when it comes to modding!
all depends on if you want just a nice subtle drop or a full on slam , mine is down about 65mm on the front and about 60mm on the rear on v-maxx coilovers of course there are other coilovers that go lower but they are very very comfortable so are fine for everyday use I've had mine on for over a year now and still love them even now , if you want some v-maxx coilovers then Pm N8 he sells them for a dam fine price

what about the 5 spoke sline ones ? ( like fat fives but skinny lol)

I'm torn between the 5 spoke s lines and the speedlines mate! Gonna be On the lookout on the 'bay this week anyway so we will c how I get on