No door locking, windows shutting, central locking, would that be the answer?

Nuno_rules

Reaction score
Few month back my driver window stopped working!

I was under the impression that it might be the motor.
Yesterday, the driver door wouldn't centrally lock, or manually either.
The DIS would displaying door unlocked. No power to any of the switches on the door panel.

Would this be my problem?

How frequent can cables be severed like these?
The brown, green/red are cut, and a red is on its way.

Does anyone know how to release that ****** pink clip to unplug the cables on the left?

IMG_4246.jpg

Thanks in advance.

the pink clip is kind of hard to get out but it pulls out. it acts as a wedge so that the black plug doesnt fall out... get the pink part out on its own then unclip the black plug from the door but be warned! from that angle is it extreamly fiddly to get the clips back in

You don't say!
As i try to pull it, the pink plastic handle snapped.

Does anyone how much the new cabling will cost?

You have to slide the pink part to the side by a few mm, dont remove it as its part of the main block anyway, this then enabled the black top to depress & thus the whole block is able to be pushed into the cavity & then accessed from the car interior side of the pllar, you will need to loosen the loom that goes into the door tbh, to get full access to the connector & thus make proper repairs.

Thanks for the tip. I managed to remove the whole cabling.
Called the dealer in Liverpool. £96, incl VAT.
it doesn't come cheap.

They say that to check if it was abnormal wear and tear, I would have to book it in and that only after that they could tell.
I am of the view that it isn't normal wear and tear. Surely opening a door should not cut the electric cables. And therefore should have get a free replacement part.

Luckily I emptied the car, I had a visitor last night.

its very common on the b6 b7
i always repair the wires **** giveing audi all that

Yeah exactly, just get s few repair wires & repair it, dont need a whole loom.

Also as door card is of, just disconnect the metal rod that connects the exterior door handle to the lock, that way it cant be opened from the outside, thus still locks.

Isn't it likely to break again in the same place if the door folds the cables in the same spot. I have read about the cable becoming weaker because of the moisture.

And now that i have ordered the cable, will Audi kick off if I cancel the order?

That depends on how good you are at doing the job, not being big headed, but I've repaired wires within that area & not heard a problem since from customers, as long as you solder it well, heatshrink with some tape over top & allow some flex in the wires, you'll be fine.

A garage who does car electrics is going to fix it for £5.00

Thanks again for your advice, you saved me a fortune.