Headlight Adjustment Not Working

Lund

Reaction score
Hi all,

My headlight adjustment roller switch appears not to be working as when I flick between the options of headlight adjustment, nothing happens. I just had a look in the reflection of the garage door and the headlight beam remains static no matter what option is selected.

VCDS highlights no errors concerned with the headlights. Whats the probable cause? (2.0TDI 140PD).

Lund

Switch or wiring, maybe the connector has come unplugged at the rear, does the interior illumination dial turn the red night nights up/down, if not then I'd go with connector unhooked.

Switch or wiring, maybe the connector has come unplugged at the rear, does the interior illumination dial turn the red night nights up/down, if not then I'd go with connector unhooked.

The illumination dial works, it may be just a loose connection. Whats the procedure for removal, does it simply pop off?

Push headlight switch in with some degree of pressure, whilst holding in, turn to the 1st position, then pull the whole switch unit out, may need few attempts, so be patient.

Okay cheers, I'll give it a go tomorrow afternoon and report back.

I pulled it out in a matter of seconds and the connection is fully seated. Should the 'Sport' A3's have the silver trim on the switch? Like this one. Mine does not. It's an MOT fail i'm sure if the headlights are non-adjustable.

Facelift 09 cars onwards had the chrome trim.

You need to get vcds on there to see what its showing in any measuring blocks for that system.

Facelift 09 cars onwards had the chrome trim.

You need to get vcds on there to see what its showing in any measuring blocks for that system.

I'll plug it back in with the Ross-Tech tomorrow evening.

Could the fuse board behind the steering be a place to check?

You need to check which fuse it runs of before messing about, if you've checked with vcds as advise.