OBD-II Port

FiG

Reaction score
I was wondering where abouts in the car the OBD-II port is located, as well as which of the standards it uses. I'm in a 3 door, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Have a look here and look at where the cable goes.

It's somewhere down there i'd guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeef, I think thats only for the A3 mk1. On ours I think it's in the engine bay from what other people have said. Don't know for sure though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

haha right I see, thanks. I'll have a look then, wonder if I need to rip anything out first.....

fig - when you find it, could you post some pics?

Anand (from the s3 forum?) is developing some pda software to run off the odb2 port and display various car parameters in realtime. Sounds like an amazing piece of kit to me, especially for track day use (i'm hoping he includes a data/telemetry logger in it!).
He's even mentioned having a bluetooth connection between the port and the pda but having never seen the port, I'm not sure how feasible that would be.

Any techies out there that could comment/advise?

[ QUOTE ]
picture shows an 8p interior doesn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be an 8L as the air vents are square, not round like ours.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
picture shows an 8p interior doesn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be an 8L as the air vents are square, not round like ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah I didn't pay attention till you you said that might be a Mk1... that's an 8L interior. hmmmm...
Maybe I'll have to check the engine bay too, unless there's something in the Manual, but mine's in french and I didn't see anything under O...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I didn't pay attention till you you said that might be a Mk1... that's an 8L interior. hmmmm...
Maybe I'll have to check the engine bay too, unless there's something in the Manual, but mine's in french and I didn't see anything under O...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have had a good look around under the bonnet and can't find it anywhere. Maybe is in the cabin under the dash, as it would make more sense.

The socket is down in the drivers side foot well, above the accel pedal, you can feel an oblong hole in the plastic. If you run your hand down the interior to the right of the steering wheel you'll feel it . Depending how big you are you might need a little wirror to spot it and plug a cable in - I'm too big to fit in the footwell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

J.

[ QUOTE ]
The socket is down in the drivers side foot well, above the accel pedal, you can feel an oblong hole in the plastic. If you run your hand down the interior to the right of the steering wheel you'll feel it . Depending how big you are you might need a little wirror to spot it and plug a cable in - I'm too big to fit in the footwell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB, I knew someone would know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

It is in the footwell "purple as you well know".

Dave