Anyone come across this with coilovers see pics

bigblokey0

Reaction score
DSC_0756.jpg

This is the original spring

DSC_0757.jpg

And this is the lowered spring that comes with the coilover kit

As you can see the lowered spring is a lot narrower and so it doesn't fit the suspension mount like it should in the pic below

DSC_0749.jpg

And yet the supplier is claiming it will fit my car ????????????????

Any input would be great thanks

The supplier asked my car year and engine size and this is the kit he sent me twice!

Post pics of the coilovers.

They should have a top "hat" type thing.

There raceland I think and the top hat thing are you referring to the thing in the third pic?

The top hat is fits with the top mount, they are 2 seperate items.

You either need a fitting kit, or confirm that the kit is the exact one for the car so that the correct size springs are supplied.

I've never dealt with this kit, but other kits I have fitted have all been ok.

What do these top hats look like?

And please no pictures of actual top hats!

I've just heard back from the supplier this is what he's put

Both kits you have are identical. This kits are designed to fit them with original top mounts. I explained your mechanic also.

I have no idea what is happening. But I still suggest that I arrange collection and refund you. As I think we can't work this out together???

Never had this isseu before. I sell 10/15 kits a week of those and if I had the troubles you had it def could be found in my feedbacks.

With Kind regards,

Unit3Tuning.co.uk

silly question but is that the new rear spring in the pic

look wrong to me,send them back and get some AP's (actually made by KW so you know its top quality),mine are epic and went on with no issues

They are getting sent back but I'm going to be £230 out of pocket for the labour and not to mention the kit is still on my car to get it removed is going to cost me another £230 and the supplier is refusing to reimburse me as he believes his kit is sound so I need to get it checked by another garage just to make sure its been fitted properly in the first place as the supplier is blaming the garage for fitting it wrong.

I would get a kit from a well known manufacturer, you will have less hassle. As already mentioned AP will be a good kit for you.

Could I ask if your having the kit fitted by a garage in Wellington?

I would get a kit from a well known manufacturer, you will have less hassle. As already mentioned AP will be a good kit for you.

Could I ask if your having the kit fitted by a garage in Wellington?

Yes a garage in Wellington fitted it why do you work there?

Yes a garage in Wellington fitted it why do you work there?

I don't work there, I provide technical assistance for VAG & BMW for them.

I have seen the kit in question & it's the kit/springs at fault, not fitting.

There are also some manufacturing issues which caused problems with fitting & the quality is not up to standard.

The best thing to do is buy a well known kit & send this kit back for refund.

Dave is very reasonable. I'm sure if you buy a new kit ready for fitment, he may remove swap the suspension kits at a better labour rate to help you out. Its worth an ask

We have established its the kit that's the problem, trouble is the supplier is saying its the garage

However the supplier will give me a refund if I send both kits back however seeing as I have the one kit still fitted to my car its going to cost me labour to get the standard audi kit put back on in the car

In the end I'm going to be out of pocket a shed load of money so I need to get this sorted properly through court.

If you are still going to have it lowered, when the old kit comes off & put new one on in one go, cut the labour costs.

But as for going through courts, I can't see you acheiving anything there.

This is an unfortunate circumstance, but there is not alot you can do about it.

If you want to speak to me about it, that may be easier. I shall be at Daves first thing tomorrow, if you want to pop down & between me you and Dave we will see if we can resolve this?

The kit is not fit for purpose so how can I not have a claim?

It states in the sale of goods act 1979 that the supplier should cover costs incurred?

see if the spring you are going to use for the rear fits , whilst i was looking for a coilover install guide a while back i seem to recall someone had the rears on the fronts & vice versa, its worth a try

see if the spring you are going to use for the rear fits , whilst i was looking for a coilover install guide a while back i seem to recall someone had the rears on the fronts & vice versa, its worth a try

Martinivw you may have saved my bacon I've been to the garage this morning and had a chat with the mechanic and compared springs and it seems you may well be right

Heres a pic of the two springs which is which as the spring on the left was packaged attached to the front strut
IMG_20120310_092044.jpg

How is the kit on your car if it doesn't fit? Did the garage fit it anyway?

EDIT. Surely the garage are capable of realising there are 4 springs and if 2 don't fit try the other two!?

Reactions: bigblokey0
Martinivw you may have saved my bacon I've been to the garage this morning and had a chat with the mechanic and compared springs and it seems you may well be right

Heres a pic of the two springs which is which as the spring on the left was packaged attached to the front strut
IMG_20120310_092044.jpg

When I seen tdi-man had asked this earlier I presumed the garage would have checked this out,
I have heard of some coilover manufacturers just slipping the rear springs over the front shockers( don't know of it helps with packaging or they have made a genuine mistake) ,
The main thing is you have saved yourself more cost&hassle, get them on and wound down lol
i would still try and haggle (as always) as this should have been the first thing the mechanic should have checked,
Martin

I wouldnt be paying the garage a penny with a screw up like that! Surely they should of checked all possibilities before stating they were the wrong coilovers!!

Cars finally done it rides nice and smooth once again :D

I asked the mechanic if I could have a new receipt as the old one had an advisory on it saying that the kit didn't fit right but it turns out that's because the mechanic hadn't fitted it right the mechanic said I could but he would have to charge me again?

So now I have suspension that fits fine but a receipt that says it don't I guess I'll have to see trading standards maybe?