First post and a problem

andy72

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post for me and unfortunatly its with an issue with my A3

Its only a little 1.6 but has now racked up 112K miles. The EM light is on, but goes off after a long drive down the motorway and stays off for a few days. Then with a few days of town driving comes back on. I havent read any codes yet but it sounds like lambda sensor to me. Car runs the same, with or without the light on.

The issue is a small cloud of blue smoke on start up some mornings. Not every morning. It starts, a faint cloud of blue for around 3 seconds then clears. Car drives fine.

THis morning it chugged a little (which is normally cleared by a good rev) but i noticed it was throwing out blue smoke. Once it was revved, it stoped chugging and blue smoke stopped.

I dont think its valve guides, im thinking more like EGR or PCV type issues if these cars have one? its a 1.6 Petrol and i havent looked under the bonnet other than to check oil levels. (doesnt use any oil to complain about )

Any ideas? its well overdue a service so i probably have myself to blame.

Hi Andy, welcome to ASN. One of the guys should be along shortly to advise you. Read the faqs. Section oat the top of the page to see if there is any info in there that may help. Enjoy the forum. :)