central locking and electric window trouble ?

alastair0903

Reaction score
hi all this is my first post as a new audi owner but i have been doing a fair bit of digging on here and found some usefull pointers .
I have a 2004 A3 2.0tdi DSG with some electric issues , nothing works on the drivers door basically , even when i lock the car using the central locking i have to lock the drivers door manually . also the drivers door electric window doesn`t work nor does it work the passenger window or the electric mirrors ?
after having a good look round here i think this could be down to the central convienience module but am not really sure where to find it on my car ? seem to be hearing conflicting reports of it being in the rear drivers quarter around where the rear washer is more than likely leaking ? will it be as simple as getting another ccm and fitting it or will it defo need codinging in ?

thanks for any help Alastair

Hi Alistair, welcome to ASN. Is the control module not in the panel under the steering column in your car? Enjoy the forum. :)

Sounds like the drivers door module issue, not the conv module, check the rubber seal in the door pillar for any broken wires.

Any replacement module will need coding.

thanks NHN , where abouts will i find the drivers door module ? the first thing i looked at was the wires to the drivers door wiring but they look fine . will i be able to code a new module myself with VCDS ?

Thanks

Maybe the connectors become unplugged, scan the car see if the door module 42 responds, if not pop the door card of & check connectors are home ok, if they are then need another module to test, I may have 1 here somewhere, let me know whch version yours is now.

only just got round to looking at this problem again , module 42 is not responding . where can i find the drivers door module , i take it i will need a number off it ? thanks

its attached to the window motor behind the door trim more likely a wiring issue than a burnout unless youve been unlucky in the winter i might have a pair sitting around that support autodim and folding on prefacelift

I have got the door card off now and the wires are all plugged in fine , I have taken them out and there is n sign of corrosion in any of the plugs , I will take all the numbers off it now

Whats the 8P0 number also noting the letter on end, just take a pic thats all you'd need.

okay i will have a rake tonight see if i still have my door modules is your car a 3 or 5 door?