Yet Another Project

denraf

Reaction score
I'm already a member for a while, but never got to it to create a thread about my project.
It's an 03 2.0TDi and over the year I have it, a few things are changed. When I bought the car it was already converted to a single gril. Of course in the beginning, there was no damage to it:

main.php

main.php

One of the first things I changed was the headlining:

Before:

main.php

After:

main.php

Then it was a more functional change, the aftermarket HU was replaced with an RNS-E. Since I wanted to be able to play from usb devices I opted for a 2011 one so I could install an AMI at the same time. When you do something, you have to do it wright, so I installed bluetooth as well, buttons and vents were updated, installed a start button, changed the interior trim from piano black to alu and installed alu pedals:

before:

main.php

main.php

after:

Just saw I didn't take a picture of the new center console, will take one asap.

main.php

Since I updated the interior, the exterior couldn't be left behind:

(pre-paintjob)

main.php

and the front was updated with a 2007 S-line bumper. (picture asap)

As so many of us I wanted buckets, but finding them in a good condition and not over priced is a difficult job as we all know. Then one day I found a complete RS4 set:

before:

main.php

after:

main.php

As most of you know, the RS4 buckets have some additional options over the S3 ones. If somebody knows how to wire them, please share :)

As in every project, details are important so I changed the white clearglass side indicators to black clearglass indicators:

main.php

main.php

Some very nice mods, Matey. I see your vaccum outside the car in one of the pics, ..does it actually work? :laugh:I know Scotland is a long way from Belgium, but I'd be happy to vacuum it out for you if you want to drive it over. I'd even wash it for you, lol. :wub: xx

Small update:
- New license plate frame, no more chrome surrounding
- Replaced all remaining lights by leds ( except the xenons of course )
- Mounted my new rims:

main.php

Just not sure about the center cap, want it darker. It are the Audi R8 V10 rims in matt black.

Next week the car will be lowered with a set of KWv2, the rear windows will be tinted and it will be mapped. Only thing that I'm still considering is to wrap it in matt black.

Reactions: Paullie
nice thread, you forgot to add in the update that you washed the car :)

also you havent put up the pics of the centre console

At your service :)

main.php

Also a picture of the front bumper, but fog grills are missing. I will replace the grill, but not sure which I will buy yet.

main.php

The past weekend I had some time to work on the work, it always nice to see it transform. What happened:

- Installed coilovers ( KW v2 )
- connected fogs
- Installed fog grills
- Installed Cupra front spoiler
- Windows tinted
- Replaced cracked drivers armrest
- Get it mapped

Only problem now is that the tires rub against the arch lining bolts. When I've been to the MOT check, I'll change the setup a bit ( lower and stiffer ) and hope that it will fixed the rubbing. Other then that I'm pretty happy with the improved handling. And the mapping makes a general improvement, it runs now a safe 170PS. It still doesn't come close to my previous ride, but that was something completely different. :)

Pictures will come as soon as there an improvement in the Belgian weather.

Centre console, wheels and other new mods look great, Dude! Nice work :wub: xx

@P5SND: From the moment I find some reclining buckets, the full rs4 interior has to go.

Today I managed to give the car a quick clean and take some pictures between some rain:

Just heard from the bodyshop that the tow eye cover is painted, so that will be fixed shortly

main.php

I know the surface is not flat, but this gives a general idea on the ride height. At the rear it is good, but at the front it is too high. After technical checkup this can be adjusted. The rear wiper is really messing up the view here, so it has to go. :)

main.php

From a bit further:

main.php

As said before, it rubs, and it rubs here at the screw. Anyone knows a way to fix this?

main.php

Small update again:
- Other buckets
- Cleaned EGR + IMF
- Removed wheelarch screws --> no more rubbing :)

IMF was giving a fault code ( malfunction ) , so I cleaned it. Unfortunately this had no effect. After I cleared the error it came back after a few restarts. Ordered a new one to replace it.

Spot the differences:

main.php

How did you get them to tilt forward to have access to the rear

Wow.... So many mods in such little time:huh: ......Great Work :icon_thumright:

@ Neru: I have replaced the RS4 buckets with reclining S3 buckets.

Did order some new stuff:
- airco control unit, with heating seats control
- retrofit kit for heatings seats (kufatec)
- retrofit kit for rain sensor (kufatec) already have light sensor, so it has to be wired in with that
- windshield
- electrical kit for towbar
- new grill
- blanc grommet for rear wiper
- new IMF

good to hear you got some of your faults fixed lad hope my advice helped

This weekend I should get new IMF and glow plugs installed, that should clear the engine errors. So after the weekend I will do a new scan. But thanks a million for your inputs!

Nice transformation and with one of the star pieces... Buckets and been through 2 sets non the less, I like your attitude :eyebrows: this looks like it's heading in one direction.... Great!

Reactions: Cozza McA
Just post a small update here:

Most of the ordered parts are arrived and installed, as such:
- airco control unit
- retrofit kit for heating seats
- retrofit for rain sensor
- electrical kit for towbar
- IMF

but there are some faults that I need to solve:
- all lights of towbar are flashing continuously on tester
- electrical fault in heated seats

Still waiting on the others:
- windshield
- new grill
- blanc grommet for rear wiper

Grill and grommet were ordered from dubmonkeyz more then a month ago, but still no news. :(

In mean time a finally got my MOT, after 3 times. (wth)

New on the ordered list:
- ferodo pads
- new brake fluid
- seat egr plate ( with a small hole in the middle )

Does someone knows the diameters of the anti roll bars of a 2.0 tdi 3 doors? Want to order some powerflex bushes for this.

Do you still have the hazard light switch from your initial panel?

I'm really liking where you are/ where you're going with this mate..:yes: I've constantly toyed with the idea of removing the rear wiper in particular - I really hate the look of it and have never used it!
One question though - have you really fitted a towbar? I guess it must be for something practical, but after getting it looking so tidy at the back, surely a towbar ruins that look altogether?

@Quattro81:
Thanks!

I also barely use it, mostly it's automatically turned on when I reverse. So I'm waiting on my dubmonkeyz order to finally remove it.

Yes, I did, but it's a detachable one. Indeed, when fitted it completely ruins the look, luckily it's just temporarily :)

An other expansion on the order list: some matt black foil.

I managed to disable my auto-wipe on reverse using vcds.. I hate the mark it leaves on the rear window:scared2:... Glad it's only temporary with the tow-bar! Post some pics once you have done the rear wiper delete?:thumbsup:

@quattro81: sure, just keep an eye on this topic.

Preparing a new mod:

main.php

@quattro81: sure, just keep an eye on this topic.

Preparing a new mod:

main.php

Are you painting the silver rings? Hope so as that is something i am interested in.

Car looks really great. Well done on the changes and the fresh OEM update you have given it.

Are you painting the silver rings? Hope so as that is something i am interested in.

Car looks really great. Well done on the changes and the fresh OEM update you have given it.

Thanks! And yes:

main.php

Pretty happy with the rings, not so much with the central part. Sprayed the outside in matt black, in my opinion a big difference.

I cancelled my order at dubmonkeyz and ordered my parts elsewhere. They have arrived, so as soon as I am back at home I can install everything.

Oh and on my way to Download I stopped over at S3Eric to buy his forge quick shifter. In mean time I also ordered the sideways quick shifter.

looking forward to pics once when they fitted to the car, You love green dont you, green vents green walls aswell.

Should of gone to specsavers.

Euhm why?

@ Amar: actually I like red way more, but didn't like it with the rings. And my room was painted as such when I moved back in, had no say it that.

You need to ask why lol.

Could be anything: paint on rings not good, doubt the difference in the black, don't like the colour, ... So please enlighten me

Very nice dude and good progress! Love the seats! :wub:

Not sure about the green colour on the heater vents though? But still a nice car.

Ok as you asked, the colours awful & would look very off inside the car tbh, all IMHO :)

For a nice car, for me it would ruin it.

Ok as you asked, the colours awful & would look very off inside the car tbh, all IMHO :)

For a nice car, for me it would ruin it.

I appreciate your opinion, you don't have to have the same one as me before you can say it.

Just like the combination of black and green, and I didn't see this done before. ( Probably know why, but still ) Now, if I don't like it, i can always switch back. These are the old vent. But I just want to get rid of the alu. Also the old gloss black trim will find it's way back to the car, probably wrapped in matt though.

The idea is to wrap the car matt black and have a green line on the "shoulder line" (?) and this would be a green reference inside. But doubting now as I like how it looks as it is.

Last edited: