A3 Quattro parts help please??

Stos

Reaction score
Now then! My first post on the forum but been reading since November when I purchased my car. So first off thanks everyone for the advice I've had without even asking :) now onto my current issue :/ rear prop shaft damper/doughnut is seized up n causing a horrendous vibration that i, even with my limited amount of driving time, can not stand! Audi want £259 for what is essentially a piece of rubber! Does anyone know where this part can be sourced a bit more wallet friendly? If anywer? :/ thanx again folks! Stos

Seems like i've drawn a blank with u guys on that question then :/ so can anyone with access to ETKA please do me a massive favour!? the part number i got from audi is 1KO 521 307 A. i've been doing a little internet scouring on my night shifts at work and came across a german site selling the part listed for my car details for €57 but the part number they give is, 1J0 521 127 A, if someone could find out if these two parts are an interchangeable item it would be a massive help?? thanks again everyone! Stos

If it is part number 4 in the sketch i have a second hand one laying about in my garage some where.

If it is part number 4 in the sketch i have a second hand one laying about in my garage some where.

Thanks for the reply mate! Just trying to join the site you linked to but it's being a little temperamental at the minute. If it is the right part I would be interested in taking it off your hands if you have a price in mind? Just had a read of the write up for your car! Mental!! Is the word that comes to mind. Very impressed! I thought mine was quick! Guess not!lol. Do you have a project thread on here? Thanks again, Stos

Just checked mate, it's not number 4 I'm after unfortunately as that's the front donut where it mates with the gearbox, I need the rear, no.18 where it meets the rear diff. I'll bare no.4 in mind tho once I hav replaced the rear one it vibrates that much the front could have seized aswell! I didnt check it last time it was on the ramp. Would be my luck! :/ according to those part numbers tho the full prop is the same part regardless of engine and there's a full second hand prop on eBay for £100. Maybe worth a shot! Thanks very much for the link to that site tho mate! Could prove very handy! Stos