it's been a bad Monday...

• Thread starter imported_pplpilot1
  • Start date
I

imported_pplpilot1

I'm not a happy chappie today.

1) Traveling down the M40 at around 7:30 - Ping!
effin great stone bounces of the front - Dent around about the size of a 5p piece and chip to match.

2) A little later on, on the M25 hit something in the main carriageway, made a hell of a thud, and heard it rattle around the front wheel arch, got to the customers and had a look around, found a lump missing out of the near side alloy right on the rim also taking out a large chunk of tyre too.
The missing lump is half round, might have been a bolt I hit or something similar.

3) Luch time took my customer to lunch at the Local pub in my car, dropped him back at his office, when he gets out of the car he had his keys in his hand and decides to push the door open right on the Piano trim! I now have a nice bunch of scratches on a nice shiny trim to bother me.

4) Gets home to a NIP for doing 36 in a 30!!
First ever speeding fine in 18 years driving Cars and Bikes...

I'm working from home tomorrow me thinks...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jesus. That really sounds like a bad day man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
If it's any consolation, I got a nice chip in the top part of the alu frame on the front grille of my Sportback. It's inevitable I think. I always put the foot down to get past trucks carrying stones. Especially the clowns that neglect to put a piece of tarp over it.

Jeez that was a bad day, I'm gutted for you also.

The worst part being the N.I.P me thinks, it would be for me anyway.

Damn it, did you know already you had been done, also can't you avoid the penalty for 36 in a 30, I know you can in lancashire by doing a speed awareness course.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a happy chappie today.

1) Traveling down the M40 at around 7:30 - Ping!
effin great stone bounces of the front - Dent around about the size of a 5p piece and chip to match.

2) A little later on, on the M25 hit something in the main carriageway, made a hell of a thud, and heard it rattle around the front wheel arch, got to the customers and had a look around, found a lump missing out of the near side alloy right on the rim also taking out a large chunk of tyre too.
The missing lump is half round, might have been a bolt I hit or something similar.

3) Luch time took my customer to lunch at the Local pub in my car, dropped him back at his office, when he gets out of the car he had his keys in his hand and decides to push the door open right on the Piano trim! I now have a nice bunch of scratches on a nice shiny trim to bother me.

4) Gets home to a NIP for doing 36 in a 30!!
First ever speeding fine in 18 years driving Cars and Bikes...

I'm working from home tomorrow me thinks...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bl**dy hell, if that wasn't so true, it would be hilarious. So sorry to hear mate.

I thought I was unlucky last week when I got the 'barnes wallace' bouncing bomb stone chip. One chip is annoying but four in a straight line is a pain in the *** to blend in perfectly.

[ QUOTE ]
When was the offence?

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Tuesday. A5, some taffy place I cant pronounce.

Somewhere you often travel or quite a distance away.

36 in a 30 is a joke, More like 38 should be a fixed penalty.

Fixed or Mobile, Did you see or blind as a bat?

It winds me up big style.

Dave

that is very bad luck.
get this. today i see a blue astra van prob '95 parked up with a single camera suction cupped on to the window. the van is parked in a mini layby and the camera is looking down the road. 2 plain clothed people chatting outside. very very crafty.

Lets hope today goes better for you, might be worth doing the lottery on Wednesday as things have to get better..........

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere you often travel or quite a distance away.

36 in a 30 is a joke, More like 38 should be a fixed penalty.

Fixed or Mobile, Did you see or blind as a bat?

It winds me up big style.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I never use the A5, typical the only time i have I've been done...

it was a van parked in a layby that was virtually impossible to spot till you pass it, what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off more than anything is i do watch my speed and do respect villages/schools etc, its only when things are very quite and traffic free i tend to speed up a little, and i get done for doing a needles width pass 35.
It's the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in basballcaps and Novas thrashing around town that need clamping down on not decent people on busines going about a busy day that should have some sort of lenience put our way.

I find it all very sly and underhanded.
And the fact that the powers that be say it has nothing to do with money are talking absolute b****ks, of course it's down to money, if it wasnt then why not just issue 3 points...

Rant over.

[ QUOTE ]
that is very bad luck.
get this. today i see a blue astra van prob '95 parked up with a single camera suction cupped on to the window. the van is parked in a mini layby and the camera is looking down the road. 2 plain clothed people chatting outside. very very crafty.

[/ QUOTE ]

And illegal..
They aren't allowed to do that.
The site must be clearly marked with signs,the van must be clearly marked with reflective markings and the officers mist be wearing reflective clothing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that is very bad luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And illegal..
They aren't allowed to do that.
The site must be clearly marked with signs,the van must be clearly marked with reflective markings and the officers mist be wearing reflective clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the vans are marked on the sides, and they leave the back doors open so you can't tell - and the c*ntsables are in the van so you can't see 'em.

It's not about slowing people down any more - if it was then they would make a big deal of the fact there is a camera there, which would slow people down. They are trying to make money and increase the amount of "solved crimes" for their figures.

makes me as mad as a barrel of badgers.

What about warning signs ?

I stopped at one just a few weeks back.
They wouldn't answer to "Oi !" out of my window,so I kept knocking on their van until they did.
Then they got earache from me.

They'd placed a sign down the road,to warn people coming from the North,but they were catching folk coming from the South.
They were obviously too lazy to get out,collect the sign and walk up the road with it when they decided to switch directions.

They bumbled and mumbled and blabla'd.

Bottom line was they did nowt,so I drove down the road and placed their warning sign right in the middle of the road,so they had to move it or face it being run over and/or causing damage to a car.

If we have to play by the rules (I'm not advocating speeding in built up areas by the way) then so do they.

[ QUOTE ]
What about warning signs ?

I stopped at one just a few weeks back.
They wouldn't answer to "Oi !" out of my window,so I kept knocking on their van until they did.
Then they got earache from me.

They'd placed a sign down the road,to warn people coming from the North,but they were catching folk coming from the South.
They were obviously too lazy to get out,collect the sign and walk up the road with it when they decided to switch directions.

They bumbled and mumbled and blabla'd.

Bottom line was they did nowt,so I drove down the road and placed their warning sign right in the middle of the road,so they had to move it or face it being run over and/or causing damage to a car.

If we have to play by the rules (I'm not advocating speeding in built up areas by the way) then so do they.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

No,they were just outside a village called Peterculter,which is about 9 miles West of Aberdeen,on Royal Deeside.

Rank and Japper
The following website might be of interest to you,as regular users of Aberdeen's laughable road system.

A list of their camera sites in and around Grampian.

Forewarned is forearmed.

http://www.nescamp.co.uk/sites.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Rank and Japper
The following website might be of interest to you,as regular users of Aberdeen's laughable road system.

A list of their camera sites in and around Grampian.

Forewarned is forearmed.

http://www.nescamp.co.uk/sites.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers, as they are on my favourite road - Newmacher to whiterashers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I thought their latest sites were out your way Japper.
Remember and give them grief if they aren't displaying the right warnings ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought their latest sites were out your way Japper.
Remember and give them grief if they aren't displaying the right warnings ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah well, just not have to visit the mothering law this week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

BTW: Got to laugh at their site - Present 'Safety camera locations'.......my ar*e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

hmmmm i'm wondering whether it was a speed camera van i saw then? it only had one camera, maybe they were monitoring road traffic. either way if i see them again i'm going to park right up besides them and block their view!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm i'm wondering whether it was a speed camera van i saw then? it only had one camera, maybe they were monitoring road traffic. either way if i see them again i'm going to park right up besides them and block their view!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went steaming past a similar van not long back. It turned out to be a road tax van....got no probs at all with them littering the roads with them.

Round here thay have a Ford Galaxy with a roof box, in the back of the box is a hole, in the box is a camera.

I got hold of a local copper and said they were sneaky gits for hidding a speed camera like that, and I also pointed out that they needed to sign it.

He said the car/camera is used for number plate recognition. Tax, stolen vehicles, anyone the police want to "talk" to etc.

So not all camera vans are for speeding.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]

So not all camera vans are for speeding.
Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fair enough.
As long as they stick to the proper warning rules when they are looking for speeders.
I've no problem with catching roadtax dodgers as uninsured drivers scare the hell out of me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So how has wednesday been Poppyday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good thanks, Is everone else having a good day?

Just out of interest poppyday,are you replacing the wheel with an Audi one,or a replica ?
I've been sourcing replicas for a pal and their are plenty around,for a fraction of Audi's prices.

It'll be an Audi one if I replace it, The local Audi Dealer say theres no danger to the tyre and its ok to use, I thought as much, it's not that bad it's just ****** anoying...
I'll post a pic if I get chance...

[ QUOTE ]
It'll be an Audi one if I replace it, The local Audi Dealer say theres no danger to the tyre and its ok to use, I thought as much, it's not that bad it's just ****** anoying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 1 replica with 3 genuine would not match, as there is usually some slight differences. Try e-bay as there is usually the odd one kicking about on german site.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 1 replica with 3 genuine would not match, as there is usually some slight differences. Try e-bay as there is usually the odd one kicking about on german site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey,for what Audi want for one of my wheels (£284+VAT) I could buy a set of replicas and sell the other three 'originals' on ebay !

Probably make money ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif