Which A3 for me ??

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new (to me) A3 and I've got about £15,000 to play with. I'm struggling to find out the differences in the A3 range that I've got in mind. I'm going to get one of the 170hp diesels but I'm not sure which one to go for. Preferably I would like the Quattro, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the S3 and Sportback.

It's probably been asked a million times on here, but if anyone can be bothered please could you let me know the differences in the two cars. Is it worth paying the extra for the Quattro, bearing in mind I'm a bit of a driving enthusiast and like to blast around the rural A and B roads in the north of England and Scotland ?? Is the suspension set up different on the two cars and would I notice the difference ?? Are there any known faults to look out for when buying ??

Any other information would be warmly received :)

thanks,
Graeme.

Given my experience of putting all the torque through the front tyres (and the resultant wear) I'd suggest getting a Quattro if you get a diesel.

If your going for the 170 then definately look for quattro, even the 140 feels abit much through the front wheels, imagine if you decide to remap the 170 too.