How to remove rear armrests? 3dr S3

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys

I am getting some parts done in leather and want the rear armrests out of the car.

Is it a door card off job? I presume it is :(

You can see the armrest I mean in the below picture

tc-s3-rear-seats.jpg

its not a door card off mate, if you get into the trunk and between the back seates were there split from got a black plastic cover, remover that and then remove the screw and the brackets and then just lift and slide the passenger side seat first, you have to remove the bottom seat aswell to unbolt the middle seatbelt.

See if you were sitting behind the passenger and the arm rest where you would put your left elbow on, that is the part I want to move incase I was sounding confusing.

Last edited:
You need to remove the seats, bottom line Boycie, the backrest part is fixed into position at the bottom over a locating rod that the rear cards are also looped over, at the top when the backrest is folded down there is a bolt covered up by a plastic cap, torx head, this enables the card to be pulled of the side which is held in with spring clips to the rest of side of the car, best to remove the base & the backrest, makes life allot easier, wont take long.

The seat base just needs some force to pull out of its plastic locating locks as such at the front, the rear of the base is just lopped over some metal fixings aswell, you'll see how it works when its out, so you can put back the same.