Sat Nav PIN

chrisb72

Reaction score
I don't seem to be able to find the PIN number for my Sat Nav unit. I thought it was with all the documents supplied with the car when I bought it from the previous owner as it was a factory fitted option.

I'm going to need it when I change my car battery!

Is my only option to visit Audi or is there another way of getting the code before I disconnect the battery.

Thanks
Chris

Chris, try looking in the Sat Nav user instruction manual. In mine, it was after the front cover, printed on a small tear-off portion. Good luck.

Chris, try looking in the Sat Nav user instruction manual. In mine, it was after the front cover, printed on a small tear-off portion. Good luck.

Unfortunately I've checked that. Mine just has an empty space where the PIN number should be!!

Kicking myself for not checking Properly when I bought the car!

If it was factory fitted, as far as I'm aware, you shouldn't need the pin code as the unit recognises the last car it was installed in.

Same with Concert and Symphony units.

As Mike states, Audi for a while now havnt included the pin code inside the book anymore, because it remembers the last vin no. so you so you should be fine.

As Mike states, Audi for a while now havnt included the pin code inside the book anymore, because it remembers the last vin no. so you so you should be fine.

Sounds like I might be okay disconnecting the battery then and that would also explain the lack of a PIN number in the book.

Looks like I should be safe changing the battery for a new one then although the manual does state that it will require a code if the battery is disconnected so I'm slightly nervous about this! I assume Audi can get the code easy enough if it did decide to go into SAFE mode?

If you're that worried, stick some booster pack clamps on the terminals before disconnecting battery, to maintain the 12v momentarily & then swap battery over, reconnect the termianls & then remove the clamps, personally I think you'll be fine, also audi can get the pin no. fairly easily yes, albeit probably at a price.

If you're that worried, stick some booster pack clamps on the terminals before disconnecting battery, to maintain the 12v momentarily & then swap battery over, reconnect the termianls & then remove the clamps, personally I think you'll be fine, also audi can get the pin no. fairly easily yes, albeit probably at a price.

I did consider that option, but I only own a trickle charger so not sure that would work in the same way?

It sounds like I don't need to worry.......well not about my PIN code anyway! I'm sure I will think of something else to worry about soon! Lol

Trickle charger will be fine - it's only keeping the memory active.

Stop worrying mate, you won't need the pin if it's definitely factory fit !