Just lowered the A3, pics included. H&R 50mm springs

mx_rab

Reaction score
Lowered the A3 over the weekend and got the ride height exactly how i wanted it. H&R springs supplied by DPM Performance. These are the 50mm springs on an Sline so its only really been dropped about 20mm front and back.

Before
IMAG0220.jpg

After
IMAG0371-1.jpg

Not a great before pic but you get the jist.

If anyone that wants a rough guide making up with some pictures let me know.

Also is it worth getting it 4 wheel aligned? Anyone had it done?

Reactions: hentotheree and R90 STL
Looks good mate,

yes you MUST get a four wheel allingment.
Also as you have just had them done you will find they need time to settle, so they will probably drop a little bit more.

Il try and get some side pics up tomorrow in the day light. Il have a hunt for some side ones before aswel.

The ride is more or less the same as the previous sline springs. Was expecting more of a difference.

I did say when i got this motor that i would be modding it but the bug bit me after a year haha i have never owned a car that i havent lowered.

Theres nothing to adjust on the back everything is fixed and the only thing that can be adjusted on the front is the tracking, i dont think i really understand the whole 4 wheel alignment thing. Have you had yours done danny? Much of a difference?

Oh and spacers should be here this week curtesy of DPM Performance

I had these fitted too. They will settle another 10mm ish over the next few weeks. Yes you must get the geometry reset too. I think mine had slight camber adjustments from Awesome GTI

I found that mine took a few weeks to settle.

Alignment is definitely worth doing but I would wait until the springs have reached the final ride height

Cheers guys really happy with it.

Yeah going to get it done i think. Anyone used any places in scotland that they can recommend?

Going to give it a couples of weeks to settle before i get it done.

Fran & Danny both your cars look great !!!!

Fran how much has yours been lowered by ? front & back ?

very nice job, do you have any tips for removing the front springs? the rear were easy but I struggled and just gave up on the front. Any tips/tricks you have would be greatly appreciated!

Lowered the A3 over the weekend and got the ride height exactly how i wanted it. H&R springs supplied by DPM Performance. These are the 50mm springs on an Sline so its only really been dropped about 20mm front and back.

Before
IMAG0220.jpg

After
IMAG0371-1.jpg

Not a great before pic but you get the jist.

If anyone that wants a rough guide making up with some pictures let me know.

Also is it worth getting it 4 wheel aligned? Anyone had it done?