Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: S3 Quickshift

Neutral

Status

S3 Quickshift

My 2007 S3 has the quickshift kit but im not sure about it as it can feel notchy at times especially in 2nd gear.

What are the general feelings on the kit? I have never driven an S3 without the quickshift and I am tempted to have it removed.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Anyone out there that has the quickshift or has had the sae experience as myself?

1st Gear

Status
    I have an s3 and think that the changes in to second feel a bit notchy sometimes. I haven't add a kit of any sort to the gear box.
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

Status
    Got told not to bother with the quick shift & get the shifter bushes instead & I love them, keep a look out in my thread & ill update with a review this week

Revo Stage 2+ - Miltek Non Res Turbo Back Exhaust - Evoms Intake - Autotech Fuel
    Pump - Forge DV - Sachs Clutch - BSH Engine/Gearbox Mounts - BSH PCV Mod - RS4
    FPR Valve - Airlift Performance Struts With Adjustable Top Mounts & Droplinks with Accuair Management - H & R Anti Roll Bars - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes - BBS E28 Magnesium Motorsport Wheels - Piano
    Black Optics Grill & Fogs - Piano Black Door Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser

Neutral

Status
    Ok cheers

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i had the problem with selecting 3rd gear. but then i found a perfect setup and the lower engine mount insert helped. since then no problems at all. works perfect, front back throw is at the shortest point and side 2 side is i think 1/3 from shortest setup.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Boycie

Status
    I have the forge short shifter in my S3 and I LOVE IT!!! one of the best mods I think I have done to the car and have had zero issues with in and its been installed for months!!