Rough dates on release of new sportback?

Sheikh

Reaction score
As above guys, considering putting an order in for a new sportback black edition 170 s-tronic. However i'm worried by the fact a new one is coming out pretty soon and will make my car loose it's value overnight.

Any thoughts?

As far as we on this forum can work out, the 3door will be officially unveiled over the next month or so, going into production approximately over summer - you won't start seeing many until autumn. Black edition or some equivalent will be even longer.

5 door isn't expected to be unveiled for 12 months after that, again autumn ish before you start to see many around.

There will be a hit to re-sale ability in the next 2 years as people who were going to get nearly-new decide "I may as well spend an extra £xk and get a new one" - but other than that it shouldn't make insane amounts of diference as Audi are only pumping out the same number of cars, waiting lists are still long and demand is relatively high.

Unless you're intending to sell inside 12 months, or are willing to change to a 3 door without Black Edition (or whatever similar thing), for more money, don't worry about it. I wouldn't (and didn't - my car is on it's way right now) worry about it.

I agree. I have just taken delivery of my new Sportback as I like the existing model and did not see any point in waiting for the new Sportback which will be at least 12 months away. When I come to sell or trade-in mine in around three years time there will still be a good market because those who can afford the price of mine will not be in a position to buy a brand new one anyway. Also mine is a 2.0TDI-170 s-tronic and there are not that may of them around which helps with the re-sale value. This is my 8th A3 I normally get around 55% of the original price after three years and I don't think that there is a new model around will make much difference.

The new A3 is a bit of a minger. The current one is much better looking. Can't help but think of Peugeots when i look at the new front lights and the new shape grill looks like someone did a bad mod job making a home made grill out of an old fire guard. Hate to say it as i'm all Audi but the new 1 Series is a better looking car. You're better off with the current one

As the others here say, the A3 Sportback replacement is pencilled-in for around 12 months after the 3-door. In practial terms, I doubt there will be any on the road in the UK until late summer 2013.

Personally, I like the 8P Sportback a lot and think it's worth an order if you are considering one. They are very good value, especially in relation to the Mk6 Golf. I think a Golf GTD spec'd similarly to an A3 Sportback TDI 170 would be more expensive and lose more of its value in the near term (not because it's less desirable, but because of the high list price and essential options).

The next S3 Spotback is what I'd interested in, wonder when that will hit the street?!

Your looking at mid 2014 for the Sportback.... The A1 Sportback was released just over a year after the 3 door so work on that basis of the A3 3 door is coming early next year in the UK.

So what do you guys reckon with regards to, dealer contributions? Freebies? Generally what sort of a deal should i be looking to get?

Probably going to go for a Black Edition 170 S-Tronic allowing the PCP payments are low enough.

So what do you guys reckon with regards to, dealer contributions? Freebies? Generally what sort of a deal should i be looking to get?

Probably going to go for a Black Edition 170 S-Tronic allowing the PCP payments are low enough.

You should be able to get between 7% and 12% off the car but this depends widely on the dealership your using and how big they are.