Sportback a3 2009 door trim removal

Linard18

Reaction score
Really appreciate some help to tell me how to remove my door trim on my Audi a3 2009 sportback?..

Also is it the door card or the piano black/alum trim that you're referring to, you really need to expand on your request more when asking for help, otherwise info supplied could be wrong.

any ideas how to remove the window switch from the door arm, i cant find this anywhere, it seems the cover just need to be rmeoved from the door arm but I dont know how confident to be in just tearing it off as it seems the clips are going to break and they dont look like replaceable ones,

any ideas how to remove the window switch from the door arm, i cant find this anywhere, it seems the cover just need to be rmeoved from the door arm but I dont know how confident to be in just tearing it off as it seems the clips are going to break and they dont look like replaceable ones,

You need to remove the door card & then the arm then you will have access to it.

Use something like a credit card to lever it off.

Not a chance.

Reactions: h18srw
Hi there, does anyone have a guide or link to remove the inner door trim (front door) of an 09 sport back ? - it is different to the guide shown in post 2 and has the chrome strip running almost horizontal from the door release pull to the rear edge of the trim. Just bought the later window and mirror switches to fit so hope it's dry at the weekend.

Thanks all.

My apols - Thought he needed to take off the switch cover. You need to remove the entire door card and get happy with a screwdriver to remove the actual switch unit.

I'm guessing that the door structure and mechanical fixings are the same so the hidden fixing is behind the piece of trim in front of the release handle that houses the global lock switch on drivers side and just a blank piece of trim on passengers side ?

door card off, and access to door arm from the back.. result!!

any suggestions for genuine audi parts by part number as im going to replace the arm while im at it

yea alrite, take it easy

all joking aside, they ended up cheaper than the breaker yard for 3 of the parts, go figure. switch from audi £24.00, switch from braker yards and ebay same...go for a hike

audi did want £60 to replace the arm cover, this I found on ebay for £15.

should be back in action by thrs once it all arrives

cheers