Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By audigex
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: Average lead times when exclusive paint is ordered?

Gears of War

Status

Average lead times when exclusive paint is ordered?

Hi.

So I've never bought a new car before. Audi quoted 3 months, but because I selected an exclusive colour they said "add at least another 8 weeks".

Just wanted to know from those of you with new Audi experience if the dealer's estimates are pretty accurate or if I should generally expect the car sooner/later.

When do you get a guaranteed delivery date and is it always spot on?

(yeah i'm a little excited!)
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine was accurate to build week (week 6 after a 5 month wait, although its now the end of 9 and I've not yet been told when my car will even leave Germany). 5 months sounds about right for heavily customised builds. Black editions can take 6-7 months though from order to delivery.
    PregnantNproud likes this.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

Audi Heaven

Status
    As said above, sounds about right. What was the colour you ordered or is it a one off?
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Gears of War

Status
    Suzuka grey again! I seem to have a love affair with that colour. Although sepang blue pearl was a close second:

"Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

Your dealer can tell from their computer link with the Audi factory the day the car is scheduled to be built, the day it is built, the day it arrives in Emden ready for shipping, when it's loaded on to the ship, when it arrives in the UK. After that it should only be a few days before it is delivered to the dealer.

I have just taken delivery of a new A3 Sportback (in a standard colour) and it took 17 weeks from order to build and a total of a further two weeks to get to the dealer. Ordered 18/10/11, confirmed for build 30/1. It was bulit on 14/2, arrived in Emden on 16/2, arrived in UK on 22/2 and arrived at the dealers on 29/2, collected by me 2/3.
    PregnantNproud likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Your dealer can tell from their computer link with the Audi factory the day the car is scheduled to be built, the day it is built, the day it arrives in Emden ready for shipping, when it's loaded on to the ship, when it arrives in the UK. After that it should only be a few days before it is delivered to the dealer.

I have just taken delivery of a new A3 Sportback (in a standard colour) and it took 17 weeks from order to build and a total of a further two weeks to get to the dealer. Ordered 18/10/11, confirmed for build 30/1. It was bulit on 14/2, arrived in Emden on 16/2, arrived in UK on 22/2 and arrived at the dealers on 29/2, collected by me 2/3.
    Wow thats so long! How did you cope with the wait?! I guess it looks like i'll be hassling my dealer now with repetitions of "is it ready yet?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by PregnantNproud View Post
    Wow thats so long! How did you cope with the wait?! I guess it looks like i'll be hassling my dealer now with repetitions of "is it ready yet?" lol
    I'm used to it. I'm on my 8th A3 and my dealer always gives a reasonably accurrate delivery date so I know how long it's going to be when I place the order.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3