Daytime lights

CorrDogg58

Reaction score
Has anyone converted a 58 plate to these headlights? If so what prices am I looking at?
thanks

Also is it possible to have the auto lights setting? Or the lights activated when unlocked?

Auto lights requires quite a lot of work including a new windscreen, auto light switch and a few other parts.

The car just needs coded using vagcom to enable the lights when locking/unlocking. You also need to connect a wire from light module to ce module. They are referred to as coming home and leaving home lights, there's a few guides on here showing how to do it

I have done both the xenon upgrade and the auto lights upgrade on my 06 A3.
on the 58 plates the cost of just the LED DRLS with Xenons will be fairly high as the units on their own are about £700 from ebay.
The Auto lights pack as said above is a fair but of work but so worth it.

as for the ch/lh lights there has been a bit of hit and miss with the newer 8P3 cars so there is still not a definate fix for that.

the windscreen you currently have has a small bracket on it that the basic mirror fits onto.
the new windscreen has a new bracket that the rain and light sensor sits into and the new auto dimming mirror will sit on it. the auto dimming mirror base is quite a bit larger than the basic mirror so the new bracket is required. unfortunately the brackets are bonded onto the windscreens and cannot safely be removed and i would not risk trying to get it off as the new bracket (as far as i know) cannot be bought separately.

if you really want to go ahead with the auto lights kit then i can provide a list of all the parts you need.