AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Tourist Mode / left hand drive switchover on 2012 Xenon Plus Headlights

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience setting 'tourist mode' for driving abroad on new 2012 A3 Sportbacks with Xenon Plus lights? I have followed many different guides and where I should be able to 'activate left/right hand drive switchover' in VCDS, I get 'Unknown' in the stored value field, rather than 'active' or 'not active'

Apparently RossTech have had some issues with the new Xenon controllers (8X0-907-357C - I emailed them), and my car is left hand drive, but the option is still there in VCDS 11.11.2 (newest version.)

If anyone has found a way to set this up using VCDS and not going to Audi with the newest controller version, I would really appreciate some help! I have been talking to Dave (h5djr) and hopefully we will be able to resolve it, but if anyone else has some information, that would be great!

Thanks a lot, and all the best,
    Mike.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    No ideas anyone?

It might be an idea to post your item in the VCDS section as some members may look in there rather than in the A3 section.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

I have just had a look at VCDS with the new 2012 Sportback that I collected yesterday. It is fitted with the Adaptive Xenon headlights as this is the only Xenon option available on a SE model. The controller is the same as my previous A3 (4F0-910-357-B) and the procedure for changing the headlights is also still the same - Select module 55 - adaption 10 - channel 23 - change 0 to 1.

It seems that as your car has Xenon Plus headlights rather than the Adaptive Xenon Plus the controllers are different.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3