Audi S3 audio

S3child

Reaction score
The rear drivers side speaker on my 56 plate S3 has popped, meaning I need to replace both rear speakers. They are not bose, but I was told by Audi that to replace 1 speaker will cost £27 each plus labour. I asked if I could put the Bose rear speakers in, I was told I can and they will cost £60 each + labour. Would you recommend using Bose for only the rear speakers, or something else, or even just replace with the exact same stock speaker? Its not really volume I am looking for, more so the quality and crispness I am looking for.

I was going to hook a sub in also, but realised I have one built in the back, but doesnt seem very good, does it have its own volume control?

Really appreicate any advice you guys can give. Cheers​

hi S3child, i don't know much about the speakers, but you should have a way of adjusting the base from the speakers using the stereo. i dont know how it works on your stereo, but mine is a chorus II+ and i have a button with 'tone' on it. i press that, then i select trble middle or bass, and adjust up and down - it makes mine go ludicrously bassy, so it should more than cover it. i dont know your stereo or which buttons will take you there, but its worth a look.