Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Sportback Rear LED Light Issues?

Hi Chaps, I have a 2007 Sportback and I have had the rear lights changed for the LED ones, I got from Flebay, they have been fine but I have noticed today that the rear outer passenger side is flickering intermittently?

Can anyone help me resolve this? I have checked all the connections and wiggled wires and none of this seems to affect it???

Thinks in advance guys! im a complete noobie.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Is the loom which is needed for them to work correctly still wired up properly? Sounds like a wiring issue.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Fossie

Status
    Have you coded it with VCDS ? As far as I'm aware coding is required for LED's to work properly !

Neutral

Status
    Hi chaps, it was coded and has worked fine for the last 4 weeks but now its flickering like a bad earth???? if i wiggle and mess around with the wires its still flickers.

I have also unconnected and reconnected to check the looms, still the same issue.

Fossie

Status
    I reckon NHN is your man !

1st Gear

Status
    Are they flickering all the time or only when starting up? You can try disabling "Cold Diagnosis rear active" Byte 19 Bit 2 on VCDS and see if the flickering goes again. Then again, you said it was working for 4 weeks, did you use kufatec wiring loom?

Audi Heaven

Status
    Sounds like a coding issue to me... Mine has the Kufatec loom fitted with my rear LED lights and have had no issues since fitted in Dec 2010...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    The cold start up is disabled and the looms are very very similar to Kufatec, but another make from Germany, i bought them and then realised Kufatec is the way to go?

Its not the start up test done to check for bulbs out, the flickering is pritty much all the time? if this was a coding issue would this not be affecting all the ligfhts and not just one?

Audi Heaven

Status
    Yeah it would really as the coding is for the rear lights rather than just one side.

Sounds like a dodgy loom then or possibly the light unit itself...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    I noticed both mine flickering the other day. Turns our my battery was very low

Charged it fully and they are fine now

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Without testing with alternative unit its kinda hard to diagnose & also we dont know whats been coded or not, but sounds like a lense fault to me given your fault checking analysis.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Without testing with alternative unit its kinda hard to diagnose & also we dont know whats been coded or not, but sounds like a lense fault to me given your fault checking analysis.
    Thanks for all the help guys, i will try my friends light fitting to try and prove the faulty fitting, and i will keep you posted on my progress, thanks again.

Neutral

Status
    We chaps I have noticed that the lights do not flicker when there’s no rain??????? So this must be a water issue or moisture? It’s funny because when these were being fitted I accidentally broke the seal on the lens where it is moulded, but we popped a bead of silicone around the light lens where the seal was broken? Also there is no water or moisture build-up in the light fitting????

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Have you even tried to get another lense to see if this is your issue.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKIEE View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys, i will try my friends light fitting to try and prove the faulty fitting, and i will keep you posted on my progress, thanks again.
    So how did the test go ?

Neutral

Status
    To be honest i have not tried it yet as my mates been to busy! but i have noticed the flicker is only present with wet weather?

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKIEE View Post
    To be honest i have not tried it yet as my mates been to busy! but i have noticed the flicker is only present with wet weather?
    Looking forward to your next post with the results. No point in going any further until test is done.

Neutral

Status
    i had something similar to this few months back before i got rid, i had lights come on fine, however soon as i touch the brake would go off. coding was fine, turned out i removed the light and the adaptors were either cheap or its how they are. I will explain, the insides off these should have rubber around them to create a seal when connecting, they didnt, so i had aload of corrosion on wires, i managed to use some multispray and never had the problem since, Maybe i got duff adaptors fitted when i bought them. May be worth checking.

Hope this helps

Neutral

Status
    Don't know if this is any help but when I fitted my LED units to my SB, I wrapped the complete wiring loom and Kufactec connectors with Halford's Self-Amalgamating Rubberised tape. When I first installed the Kufatec LED Units, after a week I have to take one of them out and found water had got into the plug connections! Lesson learnt.
    TBH - The best ways is to completely repin and plug the connections to avoid the problem.