Meguiar's Scratch X

brandona4

Reaction score
Where can i buy this and is it better than AutoGlym /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Will this get it out of a bumper as well some git has left a scuff mark on my rear bumper?

about 5 hoziontal 5 cm scratches, looks as thought it might have gone through the paint but not deffinate. As the bumpers obviously plastic is that going to make a differance?

What;s the best car polish for putting on and use, not hard work in other words for removing bad bird poo makrs.

Autoglym Super resin is my normal followed by an extra gloss protection.

Opinions please?

For ease of use and low cost go for the meguiars range, one of the paint cleanser and the gold wax will do a good job. Plus unlike the autoglym stuff won't leave a white residue on your paint.

have a look here (this will remove those bird poo marks in the paint etc):
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9048

and here (this wax is a doddle to put on and remove and gives an excellant shine):
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9060

And don;t forget when you place an order enter audisport in the discount section to recieve a 10% discount.

If your pockets are a bit deeper go for either zymol or swissol (zymols my favourite and wha tI use on my own cars!) but be warned as the prices are a little higher... Plus you;ll need a hd cleanse as well before you apply the wax's

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Zymol or Swissol, all the others pale in comparison, Meguiars probably 3rd

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, but remember these are not polishes, they are glazes and will provide a superior coat of wax which will lessen the effects of birdpoo etc etc. without putting fine swirls on the paint....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Worked a treat on my A3 where the hose pipe and scratched the wing the other day. About an hour spent on it the other night, had the scratches taken out.

Got mine from Halfords, £8.99. Not all Halfords have it ranged it would seems, only available in the bigger Halfords on retail parks.

Funkycat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was most impressed with some Turtlewax colour polish which I used on my car last weekend. The front was looking seriously stone-chipped speckled from where white polish residue had lodged in the chip marks and really showed up against the paint (ming blue). In desperation I tried the dark blue blue with judicious use of the chipstick and lo and behold they all vanished. Looked such an improvement it was hardly believable.