Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Picking my new car up on the 1st..any advice?

Hiya, Ive owned an A3 for a year now but only popped on here now and again but never posted anything,
    I am due to pick my new A3 up on Thursday and just wondered if anyone has any pointers on what I should look for or ask or expect..it's my first brand new car and I imagin it's quite different to picking up any old car, excited and dead nervous at the same time..I can only discribe it as being 5 years old on xmas eve…feel abit sick and got butterflys…god roll on Thursday lol
    Thanks xxx

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    just treat it easy for its first 1k miles and thats! Enjoy it and drive carefully:]
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Neutral

Status
    Get it during the day when there is as much light as possible. And don't be embarassed to have a thorough look at it, especially paintwork etc. Mine had some dodgy paint near one of the rear passenger windows - hard to describe but it was like a dull patch with a weird water type of effect. So that panel needed a respray. Also I had paid for rear parking sensor to be added, which hadn't been done. So check EVERYTHING!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for that, I never thought to check the paintwork, just assumed it would be perfect with being brand new…I will check it all out and check for the extra's too.
    Just found out its not Thursday now, possible Saturday or next week ;-( xx

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks RedDejavu,I will do..xx

Neutral

Status
    Yeah just check everything, paintwork, interior, electrics, and paper work if i was you i would take some tissues with you too... just incase you have a crisis haha but in all honesty everything should be spot on so drive easy for the first couple thousand miles, go easy on the breaks and have fun :D

Yes by all means have a look round the car but don't spoil your day over it. You can always have a closer look round the car once you get it home and the dealers will sort out any problems should there be any. Just make sure it is as you ordered.

Most important of all - ENJOY the day. I know I still do and when I collect mine some time next week it will be my 21st new car and my 8th new Audi A3 and I still get that special feeling and always enjoy it.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Banana Menace!

Status
    Just enjoy it, Sarah and don't forget to post some pics of it when you get it home! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

4th Gear

Status
    get the car washed, clayed, waxed sealed with a good canuba based polish.