Picking my new car up on the 1st..any advice?

Sarah28

Reaction score
Hiya, Ive owned an A3 for a year now but only popped on here now and again but never posted anything,
I am due to pick my new A3 up on Thursday and just wondered if anyone has any pointers on what I should look for or ask or expect..it's my first brand new car and I imagin it's quite different to picking up any old car, excited and dead nervous at the same time..I can only discribe it as being 5 years old on xmas eve…feel abit sick and got butterflys…god roll on Thursday lol
Thanks xxx

Get it during the day when there is as much light as possible. And don't be embarassed to have a thorough look at it, especially paintwork etc. Mine had some dodgy paint near one of the rear passenger windows - hard to describe but it was like a dull patch with a weird water type of effect. So that panel needed a respray. Also I had paid for rear parking sensor to be added, which hadn't been done. So check EVERYTHING!!!!!

Thanks for that, I never thought to check the paintwork, just assumed it would be perfect with being brand new…I will check it all out and check for the extra's too.
Just found out its not Thursday now, possible Saturday or next week ;-( xx

Yeah just check everything, paintwork, interior, electrics, and paper work :) if i was you i would take some tissues with you too... just incase you have a crisis ;) haha but in all honesty everything should be spot on so drive easy for the first couple thousand miles, go easy on the breaks and have fun :D

Yes by all means have a look round the car but don't spoil your day over it. You can always have a closer look round the car once you get it home and the dealers will sort out any problems should there be any. Just make sure it is as you ordered.

Most important of all - ENJOY the day. I know I still do and when I collect mine some time next week it will be my 21st new car and my 8th new Audi A3 and I still get that special feeling and always enjoy it.

Just enjoy it, Sarah and don't forget to post some pics of it when you get it home! :wub: xx

get the car washed, clayed, waxed sealed with a good canuba based polish.