Just bought an S3! Should it have...

Blacksheep

Reaction score
... A separate manual for the RNS-E nav and audio?

Hi all,

Picked up my 2011 3dr S3 a fortnight ago. I'm finding it a very impressive car, with superb cross country pace. Coming from a 2009 S2000, with the best gear change ever, the S-Tronic takes some getting used to but so far, so good...

My car was a dealer demo and I was surprised not to find a manual for the sat nav, sound system and Bluetooth. My sales guy isn't sure and the guy who ran it as a demo was there was no manual there from new.

Can anyone say for sure? If you have a 2011 car, do you have such a thing? If so, does anyone have an Audi part number?

Thanks in advance for any help....

Hi, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum. Have a good look around, lots of knowledge on here.

Thanks, Sandra. Have been lurking for a while and have picked up some really useful info.

Some great threads here - loved the guy who retro fitted a panoramic roof! Brilliant....

I wonder if he has a sat nav manual....

As far as I remember mine didnt come with sat nav manual but need to check it as I never look for one prefer to do all myself without anyones advise;).

my a3 didn't come fitted with rnse as standard but it had a separate manual for audio.

Same i had a seperate manual for my concert 2 which gave a guide on how to use it. You could go have a quick browse on ebay for handbooks it may be there.

Audi Navigation System plus (RNS-E)
Operating Manual

This is the separate manual in my car,a 2010 S3

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Thanks, Sandra. Have been lurking for a while and have picked up some really useful info.

Some great threads here - loved the guy who retro fitted a panoramic roof! Brilliant....

I wonder if he has a sat nav manual....

Amar did a fantastic job on the roof, its totally awesome. Have a read of this thread, read it all the way through, the pics are amazing. Its one of my favourites.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/146861-just-got-lil-fella-delivered-;.html

Your car should have a manual for the car and seperate books for the servicing schedule and the RNSE or sound system, as well as a 'quick Reference' guide, so if it isn't there then the guy at the dealers is just not bothering to help out.

I would contact them and ask them to supply you the booklets that should have come with the car, as I seem to remember they aren't particularly cheap, and the car should have had them when you purchased it so you shouldn't have to sort it out yourself.

Audi Navigation System plus (RNS-E)
Operating Manual

This is the separate manual in my car,a 2010 S3

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll chase up my dealer tomorrrow with this.

I did try eBay and PDF manuals are available but only for the mk 1 RNS.

Cheers for all the help - I'll update this when (if) I get hold of the book....

TBH mate unless you have ami installed, the mk1 data has most of the same info, most of it is common sense, not much you really would learn from the manual that you wouldnt learn through using it :)

Did you ever find where to buy an rsn-e manual or a place to download a PDF of it? All I really want to know is do you select aux in the same way as concert radio! By pressing cd twice?
thanks

Rob

Just pop into audi for one, but I fear you're out of luck, lets be honest, pressing media, then source is pretty much 2 buttons isnt it.