anti roll bar + anti lift kit on s3 8p

kevin88

Reaction score
fitting them 2, would it help me alot with steering? anyone can give me some feedback?

I noticed a good difference when fitting my H&R ARB's - stiffened up the ride and cut out some understeer.

The anti lift kit will give you better turn in and it isn't that expensive so you may as well - I will eventually get round to fitting the whiteline kit.

The A3 platform seems to suffer quite a bit of understeer and the more power you put through the wheels the worse it gets.

I'm going to do the Whiteline kit (WALK) later this year, and if all is going well I may get rear ARB done at same time.

ARBs make a lot of difference to steering behaviour. When I was originally researching for my 8L there were some very detailed threads about the ratio of the front and rear bars, and how each killed or worsened understeer. I think the jist of it was that the thicker the front bar is compared to the rear, the more understeer you get.

Still don't really even know what he WALK is, or does (prevents the nose lifting?) so can't be much help on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
got them both. excellent mod. did them first and few weeks later coilovers. when i fitted arb's and walk i was impressed with the handling and steering feedback. first i did set front arb soft and rear hard. it's a great combo, but then i tried hard front and back, and while there isn't any body roll seems that the understeer is back again. then had a play with wheels spacers, fitted them on the front axle, and now the handling is superb, no understeer no body roll :D
i would say go for it. maybe just back arb and walk and you'll improve handling but it won't cost as much as complete kit.

anti-lift is used on the tt/a3 to add front caster, which increases steering self-centre, and adds more negative camber on turns, which helps front end grip and therefore reduces understeer.

widening the front track (relative to rear) and fitting a stiffer rear arb or stiffer rear springs also help to reduce understeer. if its an 8p then fitting the tt bottom alloy suspension arms at the front gives you more front negative camber, a wider track slightly and reduces unsprung weight.

Reactions: kash_v