EM TuningChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advice Please on New Tyres

3rd Gear

Status
    Mate even if you Michelins have like 3mm tread someone will have them on eBay!
    55' BMW 330Cd M Sport
    The ones that have been left behind:
    • 2004 VW Golf R32
    • 2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport
    • 2000 BMW 318i M Sport
    Private plate for sale: Y 7RYY

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Just had a quick scout round - how does Goodyear Assy 2's at £112 fitted sound ?

£102 from mytyres.co.uk delivered and £10 fitted, balanced etc. incl disposal of old.
    Sounds a great price. Fantastic tyre too, mine are wearing incredibly well and have been on 11 months which used to be about time for new tyres with Sport Contact 3s.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Bloody good, what size?
    225/45/ R17 91Y

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    As for disposal of own, stick them on eBay, you'll get a few quid for them, got over 20 each for my old ones
    Good point - cheers !

1st Gear

Status

Goo

Quote Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
    Sounds a great price. Fantastic tyre too, mine are wearing incredibly well and have been on 11 months which used to be about time for new tyres with Sport Contact 3s.
    I was skint when I needed 4 tyres. After much research I came across Barum Bravuris 2 tyres. I was sceptical but gave them a go. Got all 4 fitted for £320. I've had them on the car for 3 months and have to say for the money they are really good. You need to run them in for a thousand miles or so but once run in they are good in the dry, not too bad in the wet and excellent in snow. Apparantly they are made by Continental. Here's a link Barum Bravuris 2 | the Barum Bravuris 2 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide mine are 17 inch too

4th Gear

Status
    Barum are one of Continentals budget tyre brands along with Semperit. Can't say I have heard good things about their tyres but they are built for the budget market. If you find the performance ok thats good though.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

5th Gear

Status
    225/45/ R17 91Y
    Ok, now I don't feel hard done by lol as on 18s
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
    Barum are one of Continentals budget tyre brands along with Semperit. Can't say I have heard good things about their tyres but they are built for the budget market. If you find the performance ok thats good though.
    I was nervous about them and when they were fitted they weren't too good. The car was twitchy in the wet to say the least but I had read that they needed run in so I stuck with it and they have come good. Don't get me wrong they arn't in the same league as Pilots and the like and if you were into driving like your hairs on fire then you might find them limiting but for the likes of me doing city driving with the odd boot down a country road they are fine. The most surprising was in the snow. None of my A3s have ever been very good in snow but this year the car went everywhere with no problems when others were stranded. I should say we get a lot of snow where I live. When they say 'snow over the Scottish hills' on the weather, thats me. But the reviews in the link I posted are accurate. For anyone in the Glasgow area give Car Care in Thornliebank a call. His prices on most tyres, premium and budget are good.

3rd Gear

Status
    That price for the Assymetric 2's is very good fitted Mike.....I would go for those if I were you, but as they used to say on 'Blind Date'.......The Decision is Yours !! ( feel REALLY old now.. :-) ).

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    That price for the Assymetric 2's is very good fitted Mike.....I would go for those if I were you, but as they used to say on 'Blind Date'.......The Decision is Yours !! ( feel REALLY old now.. :-) ).
    Cheers Shadowman - don't worry mate. you're REALLY old when you can remember Opportunity Knocks and What's My Line nearly at the dawn of TV.

I can !!!!!!

4th Gear

Status
    Cheers Shadowman - don't worry mate. you're REALLY old when you can remember Opportunity Knocks and
    Good old Huey Green!

Ive bought the Falkens last couple of times, can't fault them.

You try to make an informed decision, but end up going round in circles, literally!
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

4th Gear

Status
    From your list I'd have the Goodyears.
    I'm running PS2s at the moment also but will probably buy SportContact 5's next.

I had Falken 912's on my astra van and they wern't even up to the job on that!
    Ain't run 452's before so I can't pass my judgement but I wouldn't even buy them at £50 per corner!
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

6th Gear

Status
    ive got 4x continental contact 3 18" 225 40 18 part worn all with min 6mm across tread for £200
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just had a quick scout round - how does Goodyear Assy 2's at £112 fitted sound ?

£102 from mytyres.co.uk delivered and £10 fitted, balanced etc. incl disposal of old.

Just got a set of F1 assy2 £114 a corner fitted 225/40/18 from kwik fit
    Last edited by fletch71; 13th May 2012 at 17:42.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12