Lidl Socket set

dex140

Reaction score
Been looking at the Halfrauds professional socket sets for a few months now but saw lidl had a socket set coming on sale today, so i nipped out on my lunch to get one!

First impressions are the set seems good quality for £40, got an oil change to do on sat so if anyone is interested i will feed back how it performs!

Yep, seen that too, the over half is going to get me one. Can't really go wrong for £40.

Good find dex.

Better be quick guys ! As far as I'm aware, these Lidl 'specials' are on a 'once they've gone, they've gone' basis

Better be quick guys ! As far as I'm aware, these Lidl 'specials' are on a 'once they've gone, they've gone' basis

Yep, that is why I told the missus to put her foot down and not worry about the flashing blue lights behind her!! Lol :)

I have used a few different socket sets such as britool, Craftsman (US company with lifetime warranty) and the quality of this set does seem really good in hand, will just have to see haw it goes! The kit has hex drive bits and the driver seems top notch so will be ideal for removing the belly pan of the A3 and the socket goes up to 23mm which i seem to remeber is the size of the oil filer housing!

Missus has returned home with the set, there was only two left!
First impression, is quite impressive. :)

Socket set bought and they had at least 30 left. Having tried everything from Snap-On to the cheapest of tools this set looks very well made and the ratchets seem to be of good quality. Hopefully should stand up to the rigours of my engineering.