Will 18" S-line alloys look odd on std Sport if not lowered?

ZeeSaffa

Reaction score
I'm thinking I might keep my eye out for some s-line alloys.
But I don't want the added expense of having to change springs as well.

I've got the 2.0 TDI Sport...
Would they look like they don't belong to the car?

yep they will look good

how about if you go the opposite way - a lowered car on 16s'?

This is mine on standard sport suspension. I think they look ok, but I would like it a little lower.
4a9affc5.jpg

That's an 8P1 S-LINE which does have lowered suspension is it not?

I do know that the 8P1 S-LINES on the log book say SPORT, my 8P1 did anyway but it was S-LINE'd up everywhere!

That looks exactly like my old A3. Mine was registered as KH05 WYX and was deffo an 8P1 with the S-LINE pack which came with lowered suspension.

It's a v6 Quattro sport. It has s line styling, but I assumed it had sport suspension rather than s line. But I could be wrong.

It's a v6 Quattro sport. It has s line styling, but I assumed it had sport suspension rather than s line. But I could be wrong.

It's got the S-line styling pack which was fitted to the run out models of the 8P1, the 8P2 was not long released after that, which was face lifted and got further S-line stying.

You 110% have the S-LINE suspension as you have the S-LINE pack which will of been added to the original spec of the car when being ordered.

My 8P1 TDI was the same, it was listed on the logbook and under the insurance database as a sport but it was an S-LINE model.

Check my thread in my sig. The earlier photos has my car, which is a Sport, is on s-line alloys.
It's looks higher in the pics than it did in the flesh, but it didn't look silly high and is passable. But ideally you would want to lower it further to make it look more decent.

It's got the S-line styling pack which was fitted to the run out models of the 8P1, the 8P2 was not long released after that, which was face lifted and got further S-line stying.

You 110% have the S-LINE suspension as you have the S-LINE pack which will of been added to the original spec of the car when being ordered.

My 8P1 TDI was the same, it was listed on the logbook and under the insurance database as a sport but it was an S-LINE model.

Pretty sure early pre-55 plate S-Lines had normal "Sport" suspension, it was mainly interior upgrades and some badges outside. I looked at one it was a sport on the outside but with S-Line badges on the side (but not the grill).

Pretty sure early pre-55 plate S-Lines had normal "Sport" suspension, it was mainly interior upgrades and some badges outside. I looked at one it was a sport on the outside but with S-Line badges on the side (but not the grill).

Incorrect mate, my 05 S-LINE had lowered suspension as standard, it's the same ride height as my 8P2 S-LINE i have now and both are standard cars.

Upping the wheel size and lowering the tyre profile will enhance the arch gap. Will need a subtle drop to sort it out the appearance.