metal wheel nut cover ?

nick2107

Reaction score
Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
hi guys can anyone tell me if i can replace the wheel nut covers on my A3 BLACK EDITION as it been valeted today and ive noticed what ever they have cleaned the wheels with it as eaten into the paint on the plastic wheel nut covers and there white now... not happy to say the least, they have told me to replace them and they will pay for the new ones but can i get metal ones ?

You can get 'metal coloured' ones on ebay but not with one that covers the locking nut.

They are 34 pence each from Audi (locking nut one is a different part number but same price )

I'd imagine they're plastic for a reason, would metal ones rust / expand with heat and get loose??

If you go on ebay you will find dozens of different ones. You can actually buy chrome headed bolts but you can't get the locking bolt !

I got a set a while ago and thy do come with the locking nut covers in the pack mine seemed to tight to put on so I put them in a dish of hot water and they went on great

I'm fairly certain that it has not eaten into it. Any wax product they might have used shows up as a white stain on the wheel cap. I've had this problem over and over, after cleaning them again they always come up fine. Use tar remover, or anything that will remove wax off plastic just to make sure that it is actually wax as opposed to damage.