Best Coilovers ?? / knocking noise on rear ??

maddrick92

Reaction score
Hey im currently running JOM coilovers at the moment, the rides not to bad. I have a weird knocking/ratteling noise from the rear which to me sounds like the adjustable cups moving about ... Metal on metal if anyone has any ideas on what this could be it would be a massive help?

Anyways back to the point im looking at buying another set of coilovers but i didnt know if any one could help me out??
Im wanting the best set of coilover with the lowest result from them, i want it as low as it can go with out spending a fortune one air suspention ??

Thanks

Ap are a good budget coilover, then Weitec, bilstein and kwvs ...All depends on your budget...

Bilstein B14 or b16 will defo take you down 50 mm i,m running h&r springs on standard dampers lowered 25mm

Hi there

I had a similar problem on my Mk4 golf when i had coilovers......the knocking was because the car wasnt sitting low enough so the coilovers were topping out.

The metal on metal noise was because there is like a rubber mount that goes in between the spring and the car and the guys that fitted my coilovers threw mine away as it was old and falling apart but didnt replace it.

hope these help!

Hi there

I had a similar problem on my Mk4 golf when i had coilovers......the knocking was because the car wasnt sitting low enough so the coilovers were topping out.

The metal on metal noise was because there is like a rubber mount that goes in between the spring and the car and the guys that fitted my coilovers threw mine away as it was old and falling apart but didnt replace it.

hope these help!

How woul you get it to sit lower then?? Also was it fine without the adjuster cup ? Iv made a small clamp at work today so im going to put the adjuster cup on the bottom and clamp it in place then fit the rubber mount to the top and see how that goes, if all fails i dont have a clue what to do next ? Any ideas??

V-Maxx are a very good option and excellent value for money, give me a shout if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

lOVE THE SALES TALK! :) ....But in all seriousness i have fitted the v maxx coilvers on my B5 A4 sport 2 weeks ago and they are not as harsh as i first feared
and it rides really well...really happy ith them :)