07 Sportback S Line, mods so far to bring it up to date

paultaylor

Reaction score
Thanks to the superb info on this forum I have been able to get the mods listed below done

(Bought the car with 38k miles FASH(long life) DSG oil and filter changed at 38k, Factory extras are

Bose, iPod, MFSW, heated seats, Pan roof, rear sensors, 18" BBS multi spoke, rear sunblind)

audia3040.jpg

By tallpaultaylor at 2012-02-16

Factory Bluetooth under glovebox(to be moved under seat once I can get loom extender)

audia3016.jpg

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

was a bit of a job but SDS is cool

audia3023.jpg

Diamond Vision Bulbs(no need for Xenons!)

Full Sidelight and interior LED kit from Trups(really improves the looks by getting rid of the horrible yellow light)

audia3032.jpg

audia3038.jpg

audia3005.jpg

Gear knob changed to newer S Tronic knob, gaiter and surround(thanks to Nigel for advice on heating the plastic connecting rod)

audia3044.jpg

S3 pedals fitted(very easy mod and cheap off ebay too)

audia3049.jpg

Rear LED lights to be done this week

And finally an RNS E Mk2.............

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Some very good work there, well done. Did you use Epoxy on the gear shift plastic?

No I didn't have a dremel to trim off excess epoxy but will hope to do so soon although the rod itself seemed perfectly straight and strong(as per Nigel's guide I did it very slowly).

audia3plasticrod.jpg

The tricky part was getting the button to sit in right when putting on the new knob took four attempts and after each failed attempt I had to reset the button with a coat hanger wire. I'd highly recommend it as it can be done if you follow Nigel's guide and really makes an impact on the interior

Last edited:
Its certainly a mod that I've got in the pipeline, I'm just trying to build up the courage to do it, haha.

I was so worried doing it but once it cooled down and was straight it seemed fine and then I was delighted with myself once the new knob clicked into place.

Go for it!

I've done the mods that you've done really apart from the gear shifter as mines a manual. I don't think there is anything else I shall be doing to mine...

I've done the mods that you've done really apart from the gear shifter as mines a manual. I don't think there is anything else I shall be doing to mine...

Shame, in some strange way it's always nice to have something new to fit every now and then

Strong work!

I've just fitted Diamond Vision bulbs and Trups LED sidelights today too! The Diamond Vision are so white it makes the sidelights look yellow!

It is indeed, always brightens up our Saturday mornings :)

How about a Rear View Camera for the RNS-E once fitted?

That would be cool but is the wiring from the camera to the RNS-e not be a nightmare?

Strong work!

I've just fitted Diamond Vision bulbs and Trups LED sidelights today too! The Diamond Vision are so white it makes the sidelights look yellow!

I thought exactly the same thing, when I got the Diamond Vision I thought that woud be enough but the factory yellow sidelights ruin the look hence the Kit from Trups was ideal.

I've done all the easy interior lights and rear plate but the puddle lights are tricky