audi a3 2005 2.0 Tdi S LINE dsg coolant problem.

a3james

Reaction score
hi there
new to the forum just needed some advise on my car before i pay loads to get it fixed.
basically not long brought it the coolant warning light came on so i topped it up to the upper level and it keeps reocurring. i got the car on the friends ramp and there was no sign of a leak the coolant looked like it had somesort of copper grease in there which i found out was k seal.
ive been told that it was the head gasket but it seems a bit weired as im now loosing about 2 litres a day and its gettting worse there is know signs of overheating but there is alot of white smoke even when the car is hot. a few people have mentioned porus heads but i have been to audi and they said there was nothing listed on this car. it is a BKD engine by the way.
it loosed the coolant when the engine gets hot.
there is some slight creamy gunk on the coolant filler cap but the oil cap and all the oil seems ok the level is staying the same.

can anyone help
Thanks​

The heads on the bkd engine are known to crack and go faulty and hence this is why your seeing coolant loss its well documented onthis site and audi recognise it but fail to repalce them. Do a search theres a way to check the code on your head and see if its the faulty type.

thanks

Hate to say it mate but if you've just bought the car and you've found k-seal it in then the person who was selling it was well aware of the coolant loss fault and sold it on to you, disguising or slowing down the coolant loss with the k-seal.

How long ago did you buy the car? I'd be going straight back to the seller and asking WTF???!!!

ive had the car about three weeks and for the code im not too sure i will have too check tomorrow mate.
Thanks

private seller so aint got no chance mate.
whats the best recommendations as for getting a new head ?
Thanks

hi there
the code on the head is 030103308 B
i am going to get it checked could it still be a posablity that it is the head gasket or does it sound more like the head ? if so whats the best thing to do get it repiared ? or buy a new one ?
many thanks

Same answer as on the other forum mate. Contact 'devonmikeyboy' on here for help. I meant this forum not the other one that he is a member of.

It's almost certainly a porous head mate not the gasket.

I'm sorry to give you the bad news.

Good luck