Dealer customer service, buying a new car.

Sheikh

Reaction score
So i've decided i'm going to commute to uni now and i went on the hunt for some good deals. Started off at BMW looking at 3-Series Coupes and Convertibles and the service i received was outstanding (tea, coffee the works!) not to mention the woman was rather attractive :hubbahubba:.

Next up was Audi where I inquired about a A5 Coupe, the guy here was terrific iswell, really got on a level with me and understood my needs and told me now wasn't the time to buy as they're going to have a massive sale in March! Spent ages talking about Audi's in general.

Last up was Mercedes, by far the worst experience i've ever had at a dealership, walked in spoke to the receptionist who couldn't seem to get me a sales rep, meanwhile I was browsing and went and sat in a C-Class Coupe and had a play around at which point a rude sales assistant came over and asked if he could help me (in a nasty tone). I told him yeah i'm interested in buying this car he totally fobbed me off and was even on the phone whilst talking to me!

Would be nice to hear your experiences....

I had awful experience at BMW when I was looking at a 5 series. I put it down to being young and they probably just thought 'pff dream on youngster' when I mentioned I had an A3 to trade in they instantly perked up and amazingly got me a test drive straight away. Yeah they didn't get the deal and I ended up keeping the A3. I love the A3 now and not looking to get rid.

As soon as i said my second name was Sheikh they were all ears! Even booked me in for a test drive next week (didn't have the car available).