Autobahn video trip

dorgan

Reaction score
I had a friend over visitng for the weekend. Picked him up from the airport and he was keen to take a few clips of us driving on the autobahn. Here's the final result weighing in at around 19MB. And yes, the video has been speeded up to reduce the amount of time that it runs for. Anyway, it's just for a bit of fun and for those who migh be bored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.dorgan.de/autobahn.html

Not sure what format he made it. MPEG1 I think. I tried with VideoLAN and it works with that.

Try renaming it to autobahn.mp4 and it should work on Mac

Doesn't work with windows media player either.
'Codec errors'.

We once video'd us thrashing a Cavalier Sri over a country road.
We were seriously motoring.
When we watched it back,you'd have thought we were out for a Sunday drive.
I''ve done the same thing on bikes (forward and backward facing) when I instructed at trackdays (to show the pupils) and it works much better.
The engine and wind noise makes the difference.

rename to video.mp4 and open it in quicktime. worked a treat.

music is cool, the night shots work well its a little knight rider super pursuit speed mode. wicksters

Nelius, were you the dude who had a BMW crash into his house last winter.

Your house bears an uncanny resemblance that's all.

That's me alright. A BMW crashed into my Alfa and that in turn cracked the pillar on the left that I park between.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't work with windows media player either.
'Codec errors'.

We once video'd us thrashing a Cavalier Sri over a country road.
We were seriously motoring.
When we watched it back,you'd have thought we were out for a Sunday drive.
I''ve done the same thing on bikes (forward and backward facing) when I instructed at trackdays (to show the pupils) and it works much better.
The engine and wind noise makes the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

With you on that one Bowfer - another good tip is to get the camera as low as possible. I used a helmet cam on the amalfi coast with a Gixer750 - full on silliness.. knees and pegs down, wheelies etc - and it looked like I was on a Pan! Tried again with the bullet cam mounted down by the front indicator and hey presto - I was David Jefferies!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS Sorry to hijack... is the European Superbike School worth a punt? I have been doing trackdays for about 6 years and realised last year that I was getting slower (or that's how it felt)

sorry to butt in but has anyone made any 2.0T viddys yet, i will persist....heheh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

What song is this during the vid? Good Beat Jamba Jamba

Thanks for that, I'll fetch it from emule....

It sure is. Driving in the direction of Bitburg. You live nearby?

You're only down the road so (nearly 200km down the road) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is it possible, lol.

I think he could have took off his turbo and still won, heheheh thats if it was a 911 Turbo.

dave

He said the porche. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It was a 911 Turbo alright. Nice plate as well W-OK-911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was joking to my friend that we'll take the Porsche in a min. We did come up behind him and he pulled in to let us pass. I'm not a complete div and know a Porsche is a far superior machine. hence why I let him pull back out into the fast lane. If I had known he was a complete gobshite (waving his fist and showing the finger to more than 2 cars for pulling into the Porsche lane), as we found out later on the motorway, I would have floored it to try and box him in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Me being the Irish guy in the passenger seat, holding the cam, can vouch for passing the 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The race with the 911 and the 500SL was worth a watch, astounding turn of speed (for 2 german cars! grin)

Bring on the Civic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif