MFSW

TurGe

Reaction score
Hi All
First post so be Kind :)
I have been searching round the forum for as much information as I can find about the MFSW (lots of information)
I currently have a A3 2.0 TDI Sport with DSG and Flappy Paddles, from what I have found whilst searching this would indicate I have the correct control box so just need to find a Steering wheel, and ask any Kind member in the Sheffield area if he/she will code it up for me (Beer tokens to be paid of course)
Does any one have a steering wheel at the moment (sorry cannot post in wanted section)
Cheers
Mark

I found one on Ebay but not sure if My Airbag will fit... EBAY I did notice the Product code starts 8P which I believe is right for the A3?

There are 2 types of shield airbag steering wheels.

The way to tell the difference is to look behind the wheel and see the angle of the screws the connect the air bag to the wheel.

Im also in Sheffield, give me a shout if you wanna meet up if you get stuck identifying which wheel you need.

I was in the same boat as you, steering wheel with paddles but no MF.

I got mine coded at Shark Performance, got cruise retrofitted at the same time.

Reactions: TurGe
Cheers for the pointers Wez,
I take it I have to remove the cowling from the steering column to gain access to the rear of the wheel.
Already got Cruise, would not mind having the phone prep installed too but have no idea what parts are needed for that.

Your airbag will fit that wheel. The clue is that the connector is at 2 o'clock so the screw angle will be correct. The other screw angle is on wheels with a connector plug positioned at 5 o'clock.

If you already have cruise and dsg then steering module, slip ring and existing airbag wiring harness will be ok.

Hi Mike, you seem pretty sure about that :)
Dont doubt your experience but I would like to be double sure B4 splashing out £260.
I suppose the best way to be double sure is to take my air bag off?
To do this, I dare say there is a procedure?

Disconnect the battery negative terminal. Turn the wheel 90 degrees left and you will expose a cover plate that needs prizing off with a small screwdriver. Inside will be a Torx bolt ( can't remember the size ) which you unscrew. Then turn the wheel to the 90 degree right position (i.e. 180 degrees from where it was ) and you will expose the other one.

The airbag gently lifts out far enough for you to see where the connector is, hopefully 2 o'clock. If it's not then not only will I be very surprised but the wheel pictured in the ad will not be suitable for your airbag !

After putting the airbag back and re-connecting the battery then on switching the ignition on you will probably have loads of lights on the dash. A short drive should extinguish them all as this is common after a battery disconnect.

If mike says it will fit you're good to go.

He has helped many of us with mfsw questions.

when you get sorted ill code the wheels up for you
im in sheff

Reactions: TurGe