E-bay tuning box - Feedback query

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Bought a tuning box off e-bay.
It came quick enough,but I haven't got round to fitting it yet.
I'm getting hassled to provide feedback but I'm reluctant to give positive feedback when it could be cack and make the car run like a 30 year old Maxi.
Any suggestions ?
Neutral feedback ?

The feedback you are giving is for the seller's service, not for the quality of the product. It was your responsibility to check the product is what you need, so you can only really leave positive feedback about the seller if the product has come through and the transaction was smooth.

If the seller sent you the wrong product, or it was not what you expected from the description the seller gave it, or it was in some way broken then the first thing to do is contact the seller and give them the right to reply. If, after that, you are not satisfied then you can leave neg feedback, IMO.

Get the tuning box wired in pronto, and see what it does. Leave feedback when you are ready to - a couple of weeks is not unusual.

[ QUOTE ]
The feedback you are giving is for the seller's service, not for the quality of the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

That can't be right.
The guy sells tuning boxes.
Surely I'm allowed to say if the thing doesn't work ?
It doesn't seem right that I should only be allowed to give feedback for the fact he's good at posting stuff !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Depends on your point of view, I guess.

eBay relies on a system of 'caveat emptor' - buyer beware. If the goods described by the seller are not what is sent to you, or are otherwise faulty in some way then I would think it reasonable to leave negative feedback after first contacting the seller. However, if the goods arrive exactly as advertsied, promptly, etc then you can't go leaving negative feedback if they are as advertised (this includes if the seller puts 'I haven't tested it, it might not work...' kind of stuff).

If it doesn't work when the seller claims it will, then you should contact the seller first and give them the right to amend things. If they can't or won't then you have every excuse to leave negative feedback, IMO.

Feedback is more about the overall level of contentment with the sale, and not just whether you have bought something that ends up not being able to do the job you believed it might do. We have all seen scams on eBay, and may even have been caught by one, but at the end of the day you are not buying from a retail outlet and you are not covered by the same rules as you would be if you were buying from one. If you buy a tuning box that claims to add 90BHP minimum to your power levels, and it only adds 10 (or whatever) then you have grounds to complain. If it does what it said it would do, then you don't. Similarly if you buy an item advertised as 'new' and it is clearly not when you get it, then again, leave negative feedback.

I'd think the seller would be within their rights to respond to any negative feedback you left in a derogatory way if you simply ended up buying something which you found didn't do the job you wanted it to do - a bit like buying a screwdriver because you thought it would enable you to tighten a nut and finding out the hard way that it won't. That isn't down to the seller, that's down to you...

Exactly mate - I can see where Halgernon is coming from, but I think the point of feedback is to inform other buyers.

If someone sells exclusively Tuning boxes, and they are crap, I'd like to know about it before shelling out. Obviously the same applies if the goods turn up late etc etc

Tell the seller to be patient. At least he hasn't mailed begging you NOT to leave feedback.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think you can delay leaving feedback for about six months, if you want to. And at the end of the day, about 1-10 people don't leave any feedback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Feedback is purely optional and whilst ebay sellers/buyers need it, you dont HAVE to do it.
I am a seller and buyer on ebay but you cant really hassle people for feedback; they either do it , or dont.
I never chase for feedback.

Also, if the box is broken/faulty/just plain scam then the only way other people will know not to buy is through reading the feedback so in my view it is the overall service including the product you are leaving feedback on not just the service and how quickly someone posted it; that kind of feedback is not really worth much.