Twin Pipe stainless exhaust system for 2.0 TDI

canham

Reaction score
Not keen at all on the diesel, black twin exhaust which is angled to the ground. But finding it hard to find a nice stanless twin system for the 2.0 TDI range??? Not bothered about increase in performance talk etc....just to make the back end look a little nicer!!! Any suggestions?

That black exhaust is soot covered stainless steel, (it is on mine,) and a few minutes with a good chrome cleaner brings it up nice and shiny. Not as good as chrome, though. :sadlike:

I just hate that it is angled downwards rather than pointing straight out :/

Do what I am doing this Wednesday, just get the backbox replaced with a straight pipe and a tip of your choice welded on the end. Won't cost you more than £100 and looks miles better and gives you a bit of sound too.

Or do what alot of us have done and grind off the angled part and fit stainless steel exhaust tips on. Will cost you about £5 for the tips and the work will take about 15 minutes.
The angled part is just a tip that has been welded on so it's fairly straight forward to grind off!

Or do as above. I could also do that with mine, but decided to ditch the backbox to get a bit more sound when accelerating.