Order/Delivery times

COLDSTEEL

Reaction score
It has been two weeks and the Audi dealer still hasn't had confirmation of our order for A3 2.0TDI Sport Sportback. Is this normal or is there some horrific delay?

If this isn't normal then I wished I had placed the order with one of the Internet Brokers as they seemed to provide a lot more information to the customer and not just "Giz us a grand and we'll call you, now get out of my showroom go on, you are cluttering the place, off you go. See ya" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

The service I got from my dealership was less than I had expected. My wife bought a mini and the service was really good.

My advice is to pester them a little, although I didnt I wish I had made the salesperson earn his money!

Anyway its worth the hassle because the car is much better than I had expected........excellent in fact!

I had a letter saying thanks fro your order, is this a confirmation?

Dave

I ordered my car on 19th March.

I found out in April that the dealer had used up their allocation for March and April and therefore it could be ordered with Audi until May!

I should be getting a build date in the next few weeks.

If I had known I would have ordered elsewhere however I did get a very good PX and discount so it's not too bad.

Has anyone goy any idea what the lag between the actual order date with Audi and the build date is?

As for the dealy, there was talk a few weeks ago of european shortages of an important part for diesel engines and it was affecting all manufacturers. Maybe this is pushing lead times out and thus confirmation dates.

I ordered mine last december on a saturday, changed my options on the monday and had my delivery date confirmed in the january.

J.