Servicing?

• Thread starter imported_happy123
  • Start date
I

imported_happy123

Hi everybody

Just wondering if someone can help me?

I purchased privately a 53 plate 2004 A3 2.0 TDI Sport last weeks with 58000 miles on the clock. (With FASH)

I phone 2 dealers last week and both has said I need a cam-belt change at 60000 miles and I check the variable service and this is also due in 3000miles

I looked in the service manual and it mentions 80000 miles for a cam-belt change?

I need to know who’s correct? And which dealer to use in the Birmingham area

Many thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody

Just wondering if someone can help me?

I purchased privately a 53 plate 2004 A3 2.0 TDI Sport last weeks with 58000 miles on the clock. (With FASH)

I phone 2 dealers last week and both has said I need a cam-belt change at 60000 miles and I check the variable service and this is also due in 3000miles

I looked in the service manual and it mentions 80000 miles for a cam-belt change?

I need to know who’s correct? And which dealer to use in the Birmingham area

Many thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi and welcome. As far as my book and this link from Audi are concerned then it is 80,000. This link should give you an idea of cost also, if you put in correct hourly rate.

http://www.audi.co.uk/acs/fleetdata_policies/fleetdata.jsp?data=smr

Seems a bit strange, that 2 dealers are saying 60,000, and the manual mentions 80,000.

I though 60 sounds about right, maybe their is a typo error in the book.

And welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The servicing worksheet that Japper refers to is on the Audi UK web-site and that also says the cam belt is due for replacement at 80,000 miles.

I think it's the dealers who are wrong. It's probably 60,000 on some models and 80,000 on the A3 and the service reception staff done both to check first.

Thank-you for the warm welcome:)

I think I might have to phone the dealers up again and try and clarify the situation.

If no joy I will refer them to the service manual and web-site lol

Many thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Thank-you for the warm welcome:)

I think I might have to phone the dealers up again and try and clarify the situation.

If no joy I will refer them to the service manual and web-site lol

Many thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that all the previous VAG diesel engines needed the belt changing at 60k ( 1.4, 1.9 TDI all variants ) but maybe with the 2.0tdi having the 16v head has allowed VAG to modify belt to allow longer lifespan.

Let us know how you get on !

Have a look at my post of last week about this. I deal with Parklands Audi in Gloucester, they seemed a little unsure, and basically said get it done at 60k.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=187651&an=0&page=1#187651

Hope it helps.

I'm gonna take a gamble and leave it to 80k (that's if I don't swap it for a S'back/A4 Avant), if it goes between 60k & 80k, guess I'll be taking it up with Parklands, and they with Audi UK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Funkycat.

I have just installed a copy of the ElsaWin Electronic Workshop Manual system for the A3. According to the Maintenance Manual part of this, the toothed belt and tensioning roller on the 2.0 TDI BKD engine should be changed at 80,000 miles.