supersprint or miltek on s3

kevin88

Reaction score
hi all wondering if i should get supersprint or milltek, what are the performance gain like? is supersprint really alot louder than miltek?

Remember with Supersprint extra cost that you will have to budget for a new rear diffuser to be cut and plastic welded to accommodate the extra tailpipes on the offside.

I don't think any of the performance offerings will be a lot louder as the tendency is to keep the car discrete when it's going round town, then when you get some open road and give it some they will open their lungs.

If money was no object I'd have Supersprint, but I have an MV Sport / Blueflame sat in waiting to go on and I was more than happy with what that delivered sound wise (100 cell non resonated).

I wouldn't fit a Milltek to the S3 without doing the rear engine mount as there have been some issues with DP's cracking and the mounting brackets giving in. I think the rear mount moves too much which is no fault of Millteks, but after having one on my previous car I really can't see why everyone holds them in such elevated esteem, they're nice but they're NOT exceptional. At the end of the day they're all just high quality drain pipes!

Hi warren any links to rear engine mount? cheers

The turbo-face flange on my Milltek was cracked when I bought it... would rather avoid it happening again. Linky, Warren?

What's it like to fit? I'd imagine it's pretty straight forward, but would you/I have to support the engine in some way to take out the existing one? Less than £20 to keep the exhaust in one piece seems like a no-brainer, but if it's going to take hours and a lift to fit then maybe I'll hold off for now.

it won't keep the exhaust in one piece anyways, it may snap it may not...but it's a good mod, as reduces engine movement and makes gear shifts more precise. i've gone track (purple one) and it's great. if i remember correctly you shouldn't remove screw before inserting the mound because it moves and then you can't stick insert inside, so spray wd40 or something like that so it slides easy and then take the screw off put the washers on the screw and screw it back, and you're done.

warren i went to the website and i think i like the exhaust u got, how much does it cost and fit?

is it really loud crusing like 70-80mph on motorway?

Exhaust is about a grand, and fitting or removal is around £100.

Its a little bit noisier than OEM, but then quite a bit of comes from having a non resonated exhaust. Resonated would be quieter.

Remember with Supersprint extra cost that you will have to budget for a new rear diffuser to be cut and plastic welded to accommodate the extra tailpipes on the offside.

Someone on here (pinterovski) has a cat back Supersprint already and his doesn't have taill pipes on the offside, and don't think he's had to cut his rear diffuser either.

2fee6d8b.jpg

S. old thread I know, how well does this mod work? did you need to replace the engine mounts or did you just buy the lower engine mount insert?

I'm getting a lot of knocking on upshift.

just lower engine insert.
top mounts are next on the list.