Audi s3 mpg better than 2.0T

Lewbo

Reaction score
I have had my s3 now for 2 weeks and was always wondering how much more I would use over my mapped 2.0T DSG, but I can honestly say that it is better believe it or not which made me smile even more especially as I have more performance standard too. I was on country roads past 2 days with a total distance of 190 miles complete both journeys and I returned average of 31mpg as I worked it out earlier. One word surprised lol

Its believable as your 2.0T was modified for more power. Remember manufacturers like audi spend so much time designing these cars for efficiency and power they are not just dialling up the boost. Useable torque is very important as an engine has its lowest fuel consumption at its peak torque. That allows the car to pull and drain less fuel than using the BHP which raises the RPMs and decreases efficiency.

Engines are more efficient at peak torque because it draws in most of the fuel and air into the engine, When thats all burned up it makes the most pressure in the cylinder which delivers the torque and you can drive the car comfortably without licking it. Yet you still are pulling along nicely as you wont have to work the RPMs yet the engine will comfortably pull the car along :)