Number Plate Light Replacment

StevenH

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Audi A3 is due to be delivered on the 1st March. I would like to change the number plate light to an LED one. Can anyone point me in the right direction to what fitting the bulb is what what kind i need?

Cheers,

Last edited:
Steven - your thread title talks about 'number plate light' and in the text you talk about ' boot light'. Which do you mean ?

If you do a search for 'LED number plate lights' or similar you will find loads of information.

The light inside the boot is a 501 bulb - 5 watt capless and if you want to change that to led make sure it is canbus error free.

Interior LED upgrades T8ups is your man (EM Tuning). Numberplate wise there are a few options available. The LED ones are extremely bright and not to everyones taste and then there are filament bulbs with a blue coating which give a white look but are somewhat dimmer than the LED's. At the moment we are struggling to get a happy medium with some LED lights which are not as intence as the one mentioned above.

On my car I have the LED upgrades in the boot with an aditional fitted to the right. Then I have 5w blue coated filament bulbs in the numberplate lights all from T8ups (Trups EM Tuning). The loom for the right hand boot light is available from RobinA3.

15935d7a.jpg

402254_10150486706526996_624136995_9146967_1266985057_n.jpg

Well spotted mike. It is infact the 'number plate light' i want to replace. I seen a UV on in a passing Audi and it looked the business.