Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Number Plate Light Replacment

Hi All,

My Audi A3 is due to be delivered on the 1st March. I would like to change the number plate light to an LED one. Can anyone point me in the right direction to what fitting the bulb is what what kind i need?

Cheers,
    Last edited by StevenH; 10th February 2012 at 14:56. Reason: Incorrect text

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    Steven - your thread title talks about 'number plate light' and in the text you talk about ' boot light'. Which do you mean ?

If you do a search for 'LED number plate lights' or similar you will find loads of information.

The light inside the boot is a 501 bulb - 5 watt capless and if you want to change that to led make sure it is canbus error free.

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Interior LED upgrades T8ups is your man (EM Tuning). Numberplate wise there are a few options available. The LED ones are extremely bright and not to everyones taste and then there are filament bulbs with a blue coating which give a white look but are somewhat dimmer than the LED's. At the moment we are struggling to get a happy medium with some LED lights which are not as intence as the one mentioned above.

On my car I have the LED upgrades in the boot with an aditional fitted to the right. Then I have 5w blue coated filament bulbs in the numberplate lights all from T8ups (Trups EM Tuning). The loom for the right hand boot light is available from RobinA3.

RegardsHeliFellaVCDS newbie.8V now ordered...I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/ '61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates, gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

5th Gear

Status
    for just the boot lamp get this - VW/AUDI boot lamp LED SMD UPGRADE/ Golf mk4 and A3 Boot | eBay

it it canbus, i tried 7 differant types of canbus led's in the boot and nothing worked untill i had these made up.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well spotted mike. It is infact the 'number plate light' i want to replace. I seen a UV on in a passing Audi and it looked the business.