Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

andywaddy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a full VCDS scan a few weeks ago and everything came back okay apart from the following message:

----------------------------------------------------------

Address 4C: Tire Pressure II
Cannot be reached

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to all this VCDS stuff so I'm just looking for some clarity on what this means if possible. Will my TPMS be working and if so, at what point (tyre pressure wise) would it flash up on the DIS indicating a low pressure?

Many thanks,

Andy

I take it you do have TPMS (ie the button on the centre console)? If it was faulty i would have expected the warning light to stay on all the time. Is it possible that its accidentally been added/ticked to either the Can Gateway or the Central electronics module? Isn't tire pressure 2 is for the American markets that have a different system that uses wheel sensors & not the ABS system europe uses?

I did spec it when I put the order in and it's on my invoice as a factory option. But I don't have a button on the centre console? So that may be the problem! lol.
What you say does make sense seeing as it's flagged up as "TIRE" which is the American spelling.
Looks like a trip to the dealer tomorrow to get to the bottom of it. If they have forgotten to install it at factory, is it a possible retro-fit?

My tpms is on the dash next to the cup holder above my stereo ??

I don't know whether it's a MY11 thing but underneath my RNS-E, the only button I have is the ESP On/Off. Even my mag ride button is next to my handbrake which I also thought would be on the dash?

It could be under the DIS functions then if you have a newer model. NHN had planned to update his centre console buttons to the MY11 on style that weren't as crooked but he noticed that there didn't seem to be a combination of buttons that had TPMS. Another member said that his was under the DIS control.

Newer A3/S3s have the TPS option on the DIS, no dash button.

Thanks for clearing that up Silky/Khufu!

I do have the option under the DIS...asking me to confirm that the tyres are set to the correct pressures.

Any ideas as to why it's saying it cannot connect though?