Deep vibrations sound from underneath a Quattro

canham

Reaction score
Another porblem....not sure if this is normal or not...

I changed from a 2.0 TDI A3 sport 2WD to a 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro and i have noticed that from 3rd gear upwards between 2k revs and 3.5k revs (most annoyingly, cruising speed below 80ish) there is a real deep sound, with slight vibrations being sent through the parcel shelf... It sounds almost like a deep sporty exhaust yet that is standard, it's almost like a droaning noise. I have taken it back to the garage and they notice the sound yet are clueless as to what the problem is.....I bought the car in December on 74,000 miles and have now done 78,000 and nothing has broken or got louder or quieter since...... Is this a common problem?????

Rear diff, there's some sort of bush or linkage which connects the diff to the rear wheels and that will have become worn over time, it will need replacing, the Quattro that i owned for a whole 4 hours had this issue, never got it mended as i rejected the car due to other issues.

I,ve had exactly the same issue since i bought mine 2 years ago. Thought it was a loose baffle in the back box

I wouldn't of thought so mate, it's pretty well documented on the web about the diff vibration.

Thanks very much guys, i'm hoping since i reported it quickly the garage will do it, even though it is now out of warranty as it was reported within the 28 days..... And i got the revs completely wrong, between 1k and 2k!